New System or Addition

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New System or Addition

Summer is coming to I decided to blow some more $$ on my ride. I bought 2 Magnaflow stainless steel tips and now just need to have a shop run the 2nd pipe. I have some questions though.

How it started: I went to a local muffler shop and told them I'd like 2 SS tips going out the back. They said that they'll need to remove the "old" Magnaflow muffler, stock pipe, and stainless steel tip that is on there. (Total cost for parts and install: $280) They will then install new pipes, new muffler (SI/DO), and stainless (already sitting right next to me ) for a total cost of $370.

Is this actually necessary? I could careless about the 370 but do not see why they need to remove the old setup. Can't they just add a Y connector? I want to keep as much of the factory gear as possible. Sentimental value I guess b/c it's my very 1st truck!

Another question, there seems to be no space to run the 2nd (driver's side) pipe unless it's run below everything which would be too close to the ground IMO. Can someone post pics of their duals? I'm curious as what it's supposed to look like. Thanks.

Old 06-02-2003, 07:15 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can just add a y-pipe after the muffler you already have on the truck and run one new pipe for the driver's side. I would ask the shop if they are willing to do this or find another shop.

Quick Reply: New System or Addition