Identify A Vehicle By There Exhaust Sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003 | 03:51 PM
|
Question Identify A Vehicle By There Exhaust Sound

Is it possible for a person to identify a vehicle by there exhaust sound ???? Can You???

Anybody have any info on this? I need some info for a project I am working on.

Old 06-11-2003 | 05:44 PM
Well, I been working at the exhaust shop in my hometown here for about yr now, I hear duals all day, day in and day out. So I'll give it a shot and try it out. What info do you need,,,91

Old 06-12-2003 | 06:27 PM
i listen while out with the crew all day and i can identify vehicle sounds. I can uaually tell b/t a 4.6 and a 5.4--yep its that bad. I can always tell a Dodge by the way they sound and also the 350 Camaro's are very easy to identify. Is there a vehicle that you need described?

Old 06-12-2003 | 08:14 PM
I find that the 5.0 Mustangs and big block chevies have a very distintive sound to them.

And of course anyone can tell the sound of rice from a mile away.

Old 06-12-2003 | 08:16 PM
|
I really don't need any vehicle identified. Here is the deal: I am a webmaster for a Vehicle Exhuast Website and I have been contacted by the writers from a TV show on CBS. They want to know if its possible if someone could id a car just by listening to the exhuast sound... I think they want to write it into the show. I pretty much figured that you could. I am pretty good with Flowmasters on alot of cars. I also can tell when I hear a Ford V8 and a GM V8. Dodges Im no good at. I guess I wanted to know if there is other people out there... Thanks alot.

Quick Reply: Identify A Vehicle By There Exhaust Sound