emissions and cat converters

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emissions and cat converters

this is for anyone from PA or anyone farmiliar with emissions testing. i live in lansdale, PA 19446. its in montgomery county, about an hour from philadelphia. i really want to redo my exhaust. i am considering getting headers and/or taking out one of the cats (the rear one). (see signature for specs) i just want to know if i do take out a cat, if i will be able to pass emissions? i know theres alot of laws that deal with "tampering" with exhaust and i just want to know how much i can get away with. any help is appriciated. thanks, john

Old 06-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you want to pass emissions, you need to have some sort of cat on there. if youve made up your mind about taking off a cat, i would suggest you cut off both and replace them with two high flow cats, one on each side of the engine. magnaflow has some and they say they do not bother the trucks engine and that they are legal. if youre going to cut one off and have just one on each side, they might as well be high flow - troyer performance has them for 80 bucks each i think. http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...atalogno=54306

- goose

Quick Reply: emissions and cat converters