y pipe without cats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003 | 08:01 PM
|
y pipe without cats?

hi, does anybody know if there is a company making y-pipes without cats. for a 2000 ford f-150 5.4l auto. ext. cab 4x4. I rather but the y-pipe then have to gut the cats. Please let me know.

thanks

dave

Old 06-23-2003 | 10:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

The Y pipes that I have seen to date are just that a Y pipe, similar to how a H pipe or X pipe is.

If you are looking to remove the cats, and put in a better Y pipe like the MangaFlow one, then you are looking at having to have some bending done to get the Y pipe up to the stock exhaust manifold.

Lot of work for little return, in removing the cats that is.

The sound is about the only thing that will change with this mod, the performance will not be that great, if at all.

Don't know what you are looking for in the intended outcome of this mod, so it is kind of hard to suggest anything else.

Good luck

Old 07-01-2003 | 09:07 PM
I took the y pipe off,welded it up on a jig,cut the cats off and replaced with 2-1/4 pipe,it took away some bottom end but it sounds great and it'll blow a flame about 4'x6' you'll have to put some i think 1/4 volt resistors in the signal wire on the downstream o2 sensor i think it was the gray one can't really remember i have the 5.4 too

Quick Reply: y pipe without cats?