Thinking of changing my exhaust......??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003 | 07:01 PM
|
Question Thinking of changing my exhaust......??

Ive had my full-boar catback on my truck now for 3 years and the inside of the muffler is starting to rust out cause i can hear the pieces of rust bouncing thru my tips when the truck is running and when I hit the muffler, i can hear alll the pieces inside of it bouncing around. This makes me a little mad since its supposed to never rust (at least this is what they told me)

Im considering having the muffler cut out and having a Y pipe put in (no muffler). Would this potentially hurt my valves by them cooling to quickly because of no muffler, or would i be ok becuase i still have the stock Y pipe and 4 cats near the motor??? IVe heard straight pipes can hurt your motor, but since i have pipe out under the back bumper and the stock cats in place, would it be a good idea putting in another muffler/glasspack, or would it be safe to run straight pipes?

Thanks.

Old 06-30-2003 | 06:34 PM
I think you'd be fine running without a muffler. I had a turbo-style muffler on my truck for only a year and it turned to crap (like you described). It sucks but its always fun having a new exhaust put on

Quick Reply: Thinking of changing my exhaust......??