Bassani Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003 | 01:36 AM
|
Bassani Exhaust

I have a 2003 Ford F250 XLT SuperCrew 4x4(5.4L). I would like to get Bassani exhaust for it, I have heard the sound and I prefer it. Any thoughts on the Bassani? I want a dual exhaust system maybe or a dual tip on one side either behind the wheel or in front for side exhaust. Any ideas or recommendations? Also how will it sound if I get the full system with headers, after cats, and full exhaust? Which type of piping will give me the deepest sound? Thanks.

~Colby

P.S. As you can tell I am new to the Ford F150... Thanks for your help.

Old 07-08-2003 | 02:47 AM
Hi-

This brings up the decision you are going to have to make: "Performance vs. Sound."

If sound is a primary consideration for you, then you could get any exhaust system you want, as long as you resonate with the sound.

Performance is a different story. For about six months I have been battling with the idea of either Bassani or Magnaflow exhaust. Both are made of superior craftsmanship. The Bassani cost $200 more than the Magnaflow system.

From what I have learned, Magnaflow is premo stuff. I don't think your going to get any better. A while back I posted a thread regarding whether or not people though that the Bassani system was worth a minimum of $200 more than Magnaflow. Not one person had anything bad to say about Magnaflow, but one said that the Bassani system tended to get louder as the internals were used.

Personally, I have reached a point in life where I am not as much interested in loud exhaust noise. I want to emphisize a tuned exhaust note with the most performance oriented exhaust. My days of Flowmasters are nearly over. I'm not saying that Bassani isn't a tuned exhaust, nor am I saying that it is not performance oriented (they are stock on Lightnings and otehr SVT vehicles), but I am saying that it doesn't get better than Magnaflow as far as quality and performance.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-08-2003 | 02:53 AM
|
Thanks for the help. I am mainly looking for sound (performance doesn't hurt), but I don't want just loud. Thats what my friends Tahoe with flowmasters is. No real character in my opinion. I like gurgle in the exhaust, and from what I have heard, the Bassani has that. Is that true? Will the bassani be as loud as my friends t-ho with flows (he has mufflers only)? How about with bassani highflow cats and headers? I don't mind loud, I just want it to have character and not be flat. Thanks for your help.

~colby

Old 07-08-2003 | 03:13 AM
Hey Colby-

I don't think our F-150's will ever be as loud as a Chevy, unless you ignore the US policy and get aftermarket hi-flow cats. We have four catalytic converters unlike Chevy's two. I sometimes think that Chevy and Dodge designed their exhaust to have a certain sound...to appeal to a younger audience.

The Bassani systems have and "aggresive" rumble. Of course the more mods. you do, the louder the exhaust will get. I noticed an increase when I added my Superchips (Trad. Chip) and K&N FIPK.
The loudest exhaust you can get (and the least toned) belongs to the 40 series Flowmaster. The Flowmaster systems are also somewhat restrictive compared to Magnaflow or Bassani.

As for the Hi-flow cats., I have heard several people say that it is against the law to mess with the catalytic converters for the first five years, unless your factory cats. are damaged.

As far as headers go, there is a slight difference with the exhaust note. I have the JBA shorty's that bolt up to the factor cats. As far as performance goes, I think headers contribute the more you do.
Neal, "The HP Freak" has a wonderful set-up on his 5.4L. He has long tube JDM/Kooks headers with a custom fabricated dual Magnaflow system. Neal doesn't have to contend with smog testing up in Canada, though (Lucky Guy!). I'm impressed with his whole set-up. His truck has the ability to run 13.80 on the 1/4 mile. Not bad for a 4500-5000 LBS. truck.

Anyway, check out all your options. I'm sure that others will chime in and let you know their opinions. You cannot go wrong with Bassani and a set of good headers (make sure they are ceramic coated!).

So, either way, you're on the right road towards selecting the system you want.

-Matt

Quick Reply: Bassani Exhaust