Magnaflow installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow installed

Now I understand the hype.
Drove up to Troyer Performance for a Magnaflow catback install. Yea, I know, almost 8 hrs round trip for a muffler? Well, I do things like that. Wanted to meet him anyway, and you can't beat a drive through the mountains.

But I felt kinda odd gazing at that shiny muffler. It should'nt be under the truck when it looks that good. Shame, best looking thing on the truck can't be seen.

The sound...I had a Gibson single side swept and a Flowmaster 40 on my '99. This system is by far the most impressive. A mellow rumble at idle, but makes a roar when I spank her. I'm very pleased. Thanks to Troyer Performance for this catback and a super installation.

Old 07-31-2003, 02:48 PM
Exhaust

Linetest,
What kind of deal did they give you on the kit and install? You got just the single exhaust that comes out behind the rear wheel right? Did you experience any other noticable effects other than the sound. Also, how did they install your setup? Did they cut the old system off at the cats or at the stock Y?

System looks good!

Ryan

Old 07-31-2003, 02:50 PM
Talking How big is your pipe?

What size pipe did they use on the install?

Old 07-31-2003, 03:11 PM
I did get the single outlet catback. I think it was about $50 to install. The Y is just before the muffler, so the system was installed from the Y back. I think the pipe is 2.5" in, 3" out. Its all part of the kit Magnaflow designed. It wasn't pieced together at the shop.
We looked at the Y pipe, and replacing it was the plan. The '99 I owned had a terrible looking Y intersect. The driver side pipe stuffed into the line and welded. I can only imagine what it looked like inside.
However, on my '03 Crew, the Y intersect was ALOT nicer. A support bracket attached and a very clean looking connection. Mike didn't think it would be worth the money. I agreed.

Did it increase horsepower? I'm sure it did. But I'm not one to mention power with any single mod without a dyno. And I have no plans for that. Seat of the pants power? I don't really do that either because it doesn't make too much sense. If you believe seats of the pants, I say yes, big improvement! But thats because it sounds so good, I've been laying into the gas a little harder. So it's *much* faster than what it was before. :-)
I look at the whole package of mods. Intake, exhaust, maybe a tuner, etc. All combined they will help performance.
Heck, my truck "feels" more powerful when the gas tank is at 1/8th tank. At about 6lbs per gallon, the weight goes down as you burn fuel.

Old 07-31-2003, 10:07 PM
That's great that you got the install done for $50.00. How much did you pay for the cat-back kit?

Old 08-01-2003, 07:59 AM
$385 for the catback itself, as listed on his website.

Old 08-13-2003, 03:20 PM
The installation looks great, can you post some pics of the rear of the truck showing the tail and tip arrangement

Old 08-13-2003, 05:57 PM
Sure. Here is one. The tip is not as long as it used to be, but it's not noticeable unless your near the ground looking at it like I was taking the pic.

Old 08-13-2003, 06:00 PM
Old 08-14-2003, 11:05 AM
Thanks Line, I just put the same system on my 03 Screw and will get pics up as soon as i can. The install looks great hope your as happy with it as I am mine..

Old 08-16-2003, 02:02 PM

The finished product. Look familiar Line?

Old 08-18-2003, 02:23 PM
Looks great! Your truck is pretty clean underneath also. Nice exhaust!

Quick Reply: Magnaflow installed