Muffler death

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003 | 09:10 PM
|
Talking Muffler death

Okay, i want to install a dual cat-back exhaust system on my truck. But my dad goes, "son that is stupid, there is no reason to replace a perfectly good exhaust system." okay dad listen up, its my money. He procedes to tell me that i should just wait til the muffler dies, cause they dont last forever. Neone would like to help me with tips on givin the muffler a premature death???

Old 08-09-2003 | 09:53 PM
If you install a good aftermarket cat-back exhaust, you will have a little more power, and you will also get better MPG.
Have your dad read this, if you get better MPG, the exhaust will pay for its self.

(it might take you 15 years to recoup the cost, but don't tell him that) lol

Good luck

Habibi

Old 08-09-2003 | 10:17 PM
My dad used to be the same way lol, just keep working on him and he will eventually give im...I have to fight for every mod I got and lets see what I have done now lol....

Underdrive Pulleys, Intake, Ingnition Upgrades, 3.73 gears wit ha limited slip, race built tranny with stall converter, long tube headers with true dual magnaflow exhaust, superchip....just keep working on him and he will eventually give in

Old 08-09-2003 | 10:55 PM
Wash it a lot or something, go off road on rock and stuff

Old 08-10-2003 | 01:45 AM
Yeah my dad said the exact same thing when I asked for exhaust for my birthday. Then after I had it done I took it by his office and he was like "well I probably would have done the same thing when I was younger, just hard to get rid of good mufflers". Now he askes me what I think he should do to his truck

Old 08-10-2003 | 03:57 AM
Story#1:

When you remove your old muffler, throw it way never to be found. Then tell him you luckily sold it for $100 and used the money to buy a "slightly used" cat-back system (don't tell him its brand new!). If he questions the price of the cat back, tell him that the guy you bought it from had to get rid of it because he couldnt afford to keep the truck because of financial hardship. So all in all, tell him you got a good deal because you spent $0.00 for it.

ALternate story #2

Buy your new catback and install it at a friends house. When you get home, call your dad out to see your new cat-back system. Tell him: "Dad! I got this great deal on this new cat-back system and I didn't even spend a single cent! Now I'll improve in power and gas mileage!"

If he questions the situation, tell him you made an even trade with your friend. Explain to Dad that you traded your OEM muffler for your friend's dual out cat-back system because his lease was up and he was desperate to restore his truck to stock before returning it to the Ford dealer. Tell Dad it was because he wasn't suppose to tamper with the leased truck in the first place. So all in all again, tell him that you spent $0 for it.

Old 08-11-2003 | 12:59 PM
My dad used to be the same way too...
"If it works fine, don't bother it..."

I did my exhaust & intake anyway and my dad ended up loving the new sound of my truck LOL

He now has a Flowmaster exhaust and clear corners for his Superduty...

Quick Reply: Muffler death