Magnaflow Hype

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003 | 10:02 AM
|
Custom X-Pipe Magnaflow Cat Back

Here we go, all pipes are mandrel bent, it has a little more rumble, but there is a very small change to the sound inside the truck. https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=3776

Old 08-28-2003 | 11:58 PM
Well I just had my Magnaflow put on today it was a center in/out 3inches on both sides 14inch long muffler dont remember part #. Well im and very pleased with it, sounds alot better that the ravin and flowmasters i had in the past. anyone know how long til a mag breaks in

Old 09-01-2003 | 10:32 AM
lots of info in here. Any opinions. Im looking to bolt on the ATI supercharger but want a new exhaust. appearently magnaflow is the favorite here but what are your opinions on The flowmaster cat back? does anyone have it. Dyno'd? Im looking for duel out the rear ( which I see flowmaster makes ) but i want the most power increase. With the charger, i THINK that the flowmaster would work better because its more free flowing.
HELP ME OUT!
Ryan

Old 09-11-2003 | 10:08 AM
Put the Flowmaster out of your mind. If you are going to be putting a blower on...then you want the most power you can get. Magnaflow is the only way to go and it out flows the flowmaster by alot.

Old 09-21-2003 | 10:49 AM
Wow, you guys have really changed my mind! I was planning on going with Flowmaster 40 series, but now I'm veering toward magnaflow. What is a good maganflow muffler (I want the muffler only) for my 5.0 302????

Old 09-21-2003 | 11:26 AM
yes I agree the magna flow is the best way to go. you should go to their web site at http://www.magnaflow.com
they have info there on there mufflers and if you go to the section on wide open performance you well se the design of the muffler and how it is a strate through design. no restrictions. it is obvously a good design and well built. if you ar getting a blower you should consider headers and a true duel exaust. in my opinion if you go with duel exhaust just from the muffler back you are still restricting the flow in the exhaust before the muffler

Old 10-21-2003 | 07:26 AM
|
Getting rid of the Y-pipe and running an x-pipe in it's place will definitely yield an increase in power. With a blower you will want to go with the Header and High flow cat combo, I think Dynatech makes are really sweet combo.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Hype