Cat Back System options

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003 | 08:54 AM
|
Cat Back System options

I have an 03 Lariat Supercab (not Supercrew) with the 5.4 and I am looking at the JBA Single side (factory) exit Catback system and I have searched the forums and can only find posts about their headers. Has anyone used or seen/heard their catback in action?

This kit includes 3inch 16-gauge aluminized steel tubing, muffler, mounting brackets, and a 3 1/2inch polished chrome tip embossed.

I am also considering the Gibson single side (factory) exit

This kit includes the Gibson Superflow muffler, Factory Style Hangers, Mandrel Bent Heavy Gauge Tubing, And Polished Stainless Tip.

Experiences? Reccomendations?

Old 11-09-2003 | 10:14 PM
If you want a good sound, have your factory muffler cut out and a Y pipe welded in with dual tailpipes and tips. It sounds great!
Ive heard a Gibson before and its not much louder than stock. Having straight pipe put in is cheap to do and sounds great--its what i did and i love it

Old 11-10-2003 | 03:42 PM
|
On my 98 Supercab I had everything from a Cherry Bomb to Straight Pipes finally ending with a Flowmaster 40 SI/DO. This is a little classier of a truck than my 98XLT and the wife says no super loud pipes :P I am sorta out of the ultra loud sporty phase myself anyway which is why I am considering these 2 systems (price is also nice on both of them). I also prefer either a forward exit or stock exit to the dual out the back (I like the dual out the back, it is just WAY popular here and I like to be different )

Old 11-15-2003 | 01:58 PM
The mac catback system sounds great and is pretty inexpensive . This system is not stainless but it is ceramic coated .

Old 12-12-2003 | 07:26 AM
|
anyone running turndowns? I'm thinking now of maybe running an aftermarket muffler with dual turndowns instead of having tips coming out the side or back.

Old 12-28-2003 | 10:34 PM
|
Originally posted by PROxac
anyone running turndowns? I'm thinking now of maybe running an aftermarket muffler with dual turndowns instead of having tips coming out the side or back.
guess not

Old 12-30-2003 | 07:07 PM
Ive seen a couple of chevy guys do it. Im not sure how it afected performance of sounded tho. I thought about doing that, but ive heeard alot about exhust film/gunk/leftover/whatever building up and getting all over the underside or wheels if they have it exit infront of them.

Quick Reply: Cat Back System options