Magnflow 15609 Install Results

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004 | 10:28 PM
|
Magnflow 15609 Install Results

Picked up the 15609 from a local Magnaflow dealer that does mostly high-end custom exhaust work. They were VERY MUCH against me installing a single 3" cat-back because most of their F-150 customers go with the x-pipe muffler and the true duals set-up. Troyer and Magnaflow both warned about low-end torque loss with true duals on a n/a 5.4. The local shop also commented about how difficult the 15609 might be to install without a lift and other equipment needed.

Well . . . . they were wrong about the install. 50 minutes after I began the install, the Magnaflow rumble could be heard from the rear of my truck. Excellent fit and quality system. Even better than the Gibson I installed a few years back on my Dodge.

Didn't get a chance to drive it yet. Looking forward to feeling the results. More mid-range and top-end would be nice. Hoping for no low-end torque loss and to enhance the affects of the Tuner.

Old 02-06-2004 | 07:06 AM
APT
I can understand why the shop discounted the system as they make a lot less money than doing the custom work, and the custom work would have cost you quite a bit more if you went with stainless.

Old 02-06-2004 | 07:31 PM
I'm glad that you went with a system that interested YOU. OTHER opinions are like cracks; everyone's got one and they all stink. It sounds like a good choice.

Old 02-06-2004 | 07:46 PM
I don't know the exact number of the Maganflow that I put on My 03 Screw, but it was 3"s from the "Y" on back. I had a 4" chrome tip put on. Looks good and sounds great. From what research I did, it would seem that one 3" actually flows better that duals with 2 1/2 pipes. I had mine installed and was not a "kit" as such but the work was done very well. I think you'll be happy with your choice.

Old 02-06-2004 | 07:49 PM
jptex

very pleased with mine as well- like earlier stated - they make more off custom install- like the reason rwestaurants sell fountain versus canned /bottled soda-profit- loss no bottom end with mine- even before i chipped mine- made a difference towing- less downshifting and while not towing less downshifting into d on hills- no droning in cab either- hows the tuner workin? if ya think not much of a difference and you are on 93 program take it to stock once- i sent my chip back to raISE SPEED LIMITER MORE- THATS WHEN YA REALLY APPRECIATE WHEN YA PUT it back in

Old 02-06-2004 | 09:25 PM
|
openclass,

Like you, I'm happy with the system so far. I've only put about 50 miles on it, but it seems to rev a little quicker through the gears when I get-on-it and also pull grades more effortlessly.

I love the sound. I can't handle the "Flowmaster-Drone" anymore - getting too old for that in a daily-driver. Nice rumble until until you punch it and no drone in the cab.

I'm hoping the combination of the airbox mod, the Tuner, and the exhaust will start to settle-in and improve as time goes on. I also plan to do the TPS mod which I have done before on other trucks with good success.

Ever wonder if all of the mods are really worth it? Oh well, I've always like to "optimize" my vehicle. My wife considers this one of my vices.

JPTEX

Quick Reply: Magnflow 15609 Install Results