Spintech exhaust (post install)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004 | 09:32 PM
|
Spintech exhaust (post install)

Sorry no pics or sound clips, but I FINALLY received my exhaust and installed it. I just want everybody to know that I'm pretty much a rookie at doing anything on a vehicle, but I love learning the hard way (doing it yourself). I am happy to say that I did install it myself! Clift notes at the bottom if you don't care to read lots.

I ordered from Midwest Speed. They had the cheapest prices, though I think I'll order straight from Spintech next time around. After 2 weeks of e-mails asking about my order (I said "Let me know if it's on backorder" in one of 'em), I get a response saying Spintech was 2 weeks behind and that it was shipped (was promised a tracking number too, never got it). Oh well, I'm over it.

Opened the box, counted the parts (make sure you have all of 'em), read the instructions a couple of times and thought I could do it myself. My instructions said for a 2wd, but it worked for my 4x4.

2 days later I attempt the install, I couldn't wait for the weekend. Make sure you start on the passenger side. You can hook up the x-pipe to it and find out where to cut on the driver side. It went ok, but I ended up spending $100 on a sawzall and longer blades (luckily I was smart and only needed 1 trip). It made the install MUCH quicker instead of an angle grinder and hacksaw.

I probably should have checked to make sure the pipes would work before install, but I had to tweak the tail pipe section a little (twist it to make it wider).

After the install I started it up. Boy did I have a big grin! Now I have about 400 miles on after install and it seems to be louder! I couldn't imagine it with the louder mufflers (unless the catbacks come with the Sportsman mufflers). It has a great tone, loud when you gas it, mild when cruising. I LOVE how it crackles when you floor it and let off! Gave a rev to a ricer today, and I think I scared the crap out of him! Thanks Spintech!

Now people hear me comming... My gatorback is loud (sounds like a supercharger whine), intake is loud at WOT, exhaust is loud, and my MT/R's are loud! Eh, now I need to finish my sound system and I'll be complete!

Clift notes: Don't buy from Midwest Speed, unless you don't care about customer service. Make sure all parts are there and that they work. Have a sawzall with 8" or 9" blades BEFORE install. Take your time, double check measurements... error on having to cut twice. Put the back tip on first, they may be hard to slip on and you can cut yourself (like I did) on the front tip. Enjoy the sound and let the ricers know what a REAL exhaust should look (no grapefruit shooters here) and sound like!

Quick Reply: Spintech exhaust (post install)