New Flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004 | 08:52 PM
|
New Flowmaster

YAY well i am just starting on my truck

1997 f 150 XLT 4.6 L V8

Well I just got new 3 inch piping from the cat and a 40 series flowmaster delta flow

HEHE and a magna flow tip which looks sweet *** i have to say.

Well i am gunna post a short 18 sec clip of my truck... tell me what you think.

http://home.comcast.net/~surfalien6/MVI_0133.AVI

Old 05-14-2004 | 09:57 PM
your clip don't work...i wanted to hear it...you have the same truck as me (engine wise) and i wanted to hear it! o well

Old 05-15-2004 | 02:56 AM
|
the clip works fine

right click and save as...

Old 05-15-2004 | 01:31 PM
ok..thanks...do you have a pic of your trucks exhaust on it? im thinking about getting a force II system and switching out the 50 series that come with it for a 40 series and selling the 50 series on ebay or something...sound like a good idea?

Old 05-15-2004 | 08:43 PM
is a exhaust system louder if it is in front of the tire. i saw how yours was and it sounded good. i was j/w because im getting some exhaust put on next week. and i want mine to be loud

Old 05-16-2004 | 08:09 PM
|
honestly i dont know all the specifics on placement for the muffler. All i know is mine is very deep and pretty loud... that is do to the larger 3 inch piping and the stainless steel tip. My friend just got the 40 sieries on his 5.4 L with the standard 2.5 inch piping with no tip and my 4.6 is way friggin louder and deeper than his at idle and at high RPM. So i cant exactly answer you question but i can tell you what to do to get the best out of it. From what i have also heard, the smaller the piping the louder it is, but it is not as deep with the smaller piping. So do you want it loud or do you want it to sound like a purring kitty. I like the kitty at idle..hehe and the dragon when pushin the gas LOL. Always get it tip...it makes a difference. I have a magnaflow 3inch tip.

By the way if you live in the Los Angeles Area check out Muffler Town in Glendale, they do good installs and they have good deals. Also they are an authorized flowmaster dealer/installer. I got all new 3 inch piping from the CAT the 40 sieries flowmaster delta flow and the magnaflo tip for 230 + tax...not too bad i must say.

Last edited by cuzzinz; 05-16-2004 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-18-2004 | 03:26 AM
smaller pipe=louder but you don't wanna go too small or you'll burn up the valves.i definitely wouldn't go ANY smaller than stock if you leave it single pipe,and yeah havin it exit before the rear wheels does atleast seem to make it louder. in the cab anyway.i only had one exhaust that came out the back on mine,and it was pretty quiet.it was just a single glasspack with 3" tips though,nothin real crazy.what i have now is pretty loud,but not loud enough,i'm never satisfied

Quick Reply: New Flowmaster