Under the hood performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004 | 07:04 PM
|
Angry Under the hood performance

What's going on?????

I just ordered an AF1 system last week and I rec'd an email THIS week telling me they've discontinued it.... WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!! I hear K&N is pretty good... I was really looking to install the stainless steel system but I guess I have to settle for something other than steel...

Any thoughts???
Thanks!!

Old 05-23-2004 | 01:02 AM
Lightbulb PACESETTER INTAKE

THE PACESETTER INTAKE IS STAINLESS AND IT IS ABOUT $100 CHEAPER THAN THE K&N. COST IS $116 FROM SUMMIT RACING

Old 05-23-2004 | 10:17 AM
You may be able to find the intake you like sitting on a shelf at a different vendor. I had the K&N FIPK on my 2000 5.4 and it works just as well. I like the plastic intake; the metal ones heat the intake air. Ford and others prefer plastic for the same reason. Heating the intake air lowers the power.

Old 05-25-2004 | 08:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

You can try Mike Troyer at Troyer Performance, and see if this is the case. Don't know who told you they disco'd them.

The other option is goong the route of the K&N and if you want to invest a few $$ more, get a MAFS adapter plate from Mike, and use a Filter like JLP uses on their Ram Air kit. This is a longer filter cylinder shaped, with pleats in the end of it. This is the setup I have on mine, and the filter change does help with MAFS flow rates over the entire mph range. Wouldn;t think the filter change like that would be that big of a deal, but it is.

Try Mike first, and see what he has in stock, or info wise.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Under the hood performance