Dual exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004 | 01:32 PM
|
Dual exhausts

I have a 97 F150, 4.6L V8. I would like to put on dual exhausts. I don't want to do a cat back thing. I want to do a true dual exhaust. I guess that means I will need 2 catalytic converters. Has anyone done this before? How can I get it done?

Old 07-19-2004 | 04:42 PM
you allready have 4 catalytic converters so unless they're stopped up you don't need anymore.none of the new f-150's have a cat after the 2 banks y in together so all you gotta do is go to a muffler shop and tell em you want true duals,make sure you tell em to put on an h pipe though cause you'll need one

Old 07-26-2004 | 01:42 AM
way fast witey

I seen in your sig that you gutted your cats. I was wondering how that turned out and if you would suggest it to anyone else? What kind of gains in sound and performance do you think you got? Also, did it or did it not turn on the MIL?

Old 07-26-2004 | 02:33 PM
|
Dual Exhausts

I did not gut my cats. I do have 2 sets of cats that feed into a Y. I live in Pennsylvania and people tell me my truck won't pass state inspection if I go to true duals. I wish I could get someone else to confirm that. Right now I'm thinking about going to a single Gibson cat back system, side exit.

Old 07-26-2004 | 04:57 PM
on my truck i have true duals. the shop cut off the the old muffler at the y and welding to seperate pipes w/ 2 seperate mufflers, then he put a cross over pipe between the 2 to make it a h-pipe. very please w/ the sound and the shop only charged $100 labor and $150 for the mufflers, they are mac mufflers by the way.

Old 07-29-2004 | 06:52 AM
yeah i gutted my cats and it passed emissions just fine.you put a 1/4 ohm resistor on the signal wire(gray wire) of the downstream o2 sensor wires and it'll fix the mil,therefore you'll pass obd II emission checks and most likely still be well within if you have tail pipe emissions.it gives you alot more top end,but takes away some bottom of course.i'm very happy with it though.so if you want all the wot performance you can get then do it.it'll work great with a superchip cause they give you 500 more rpm and you make alot of horsepower from 5,000-5,500

Quick Reply: Dual exhausts