Magnaflow 15609 install

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004 | 05:13 PM
|
Magnaflow 15609 install

Well I bit the bullet and decided on the magnaflow 15609 kit. I bought it from Performance Peddler. I received it within 2 days.
The install was fairly easy with a sawsall and a socket set. Accidentally broke one of the rather cheap supplied muffler clamps, but everything went together ok.

The only problem I ran into was the pipe hits the spare tire and the tip is real close to the stock mud flap. I ended up moving the spare over enough to clear the pipe, but I'm somewhat concerned about the 3/4" cleanance between the mud flap and tip. I contacted Magnaflow and they told me they haven't done one on a 01 stepside yet so there might be some differences.

Overall I like the system, I'm just gonna see what happens to the spare and mud flap, I think it will probably be ok.

Now all I need is the Hypertech programmer

Old 07-22-2004 | 10:34 AM
You should have went with the programmer first. I have a microtuner and it kicks ****!!!!

Old 07-22-2004 | 06:04 PM
dutch

nice choice going with the 15609, i wouldnt worry to much about the mud flap b/c if you notice the space between the chrome tip and the stainless tip alot of heat desipates right there. do ya like the sound, it will sound better with more mods, let me know if your interested in a 1715 for $325 i only used it once. save ya some green! anyway keep it real and enjoy that nice exhaust.

semper fi

Quick Reply: Magnaflow 15609 install