custom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004 | 01:26 AM
|
custom exhaust

Hello all, I dont know if any one knows anything about custom exhaust, but Im looking to put a dual side exhaust on my 2000 f-150 xl V6 4.2 L, and I foung a stock svt exhaust, but its for the 5.4 L. Is it going to work, or are there going to be adverse affects on my p/u?? any insights would be helpful.

Old 07-25-2004 | 12:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Converting a stock exhaust dump location to duals in front of the rear tire is as simple as swaping out the muffler with a S/I D/O muffler like a Magnaflow.

The stock L system is a D/I D/O muffler, which means you would have to cut the factory Y pipe out and have the pipes re-routed to the muffler, then install the muffler.

Cost wise it might be easier to get the S/I - D/O muffler and go from there. If you have a standard cab ./ short bed truck, the factory Y pipe conversion would have to be dead nuts on to line up to the stock L pipe, as there is not much room for error in that short of a distance.

Take a look through the MagnaFlow site for a S/I D/O muffler, or just call Mike Troyer and ask him his thoughts on the subject.

I don't see why the D/O would be a problem on the 4.2, but asking him might be in order. His prices are inline with the other online muffler sites, and he keeps the site running as a supporting vendor. I find he is always within 10.00 of any where else, and he is a joy to work with. Loves his Ford's and will talk you through anything, from the muffler to electric fans, to trans kit options, to tunes on a MicroTunner or Chip.

Good Luck,

Quick Reply: custom exhaust