So far so good!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004 | 08:31 PM
|
So far so good!!!

I had a Magnaflow exhaust installed Thursday. I'm not sure of the exact part number of the muffler, but it's a single in with dual out. I usually get the single out, but for whatever reason I decided to go with the dual. The pipes come straight out the back. It looks awesome and sounds just as good as it looks. You barely hear it at idle, but when you jump on it, it sounds mean. I don't know much about exhaust, but I can tell you I do have installed aftermarket exhaust on all my trucks. I will have to say this setup has impressed me more than any other exhaust I've had installed. The last truck has a Flowmaster 50 series on it. I can feel a little more low-end, but most impressive is the mid-range speeds. I drove up to Mariposa (up around Yosemite National Park) this past weekend and I must of passed 80 vehicles. You're going 55 or so and smash the peddle..... the truck speeds up very quickly. The response is GREAT!! I was highly impressed as I'm sure a few of the slower drivers were as well. I don't know how accurate the average MPG is on the trucks readout, but my MPG went from 13.8 to 16.6. I did an actual review when I filled-up and I was getting a little over 15.9MPG. The truck only has 1200 miles. I've been told the MPG will increase a little as the motor breaks-in. Don't know if this is true, but that's what I've been told. I just ordered to 1714 Superchips Programmer. As far as I can tell, there is NOT a air intake system available.... or at least I haven't been able to find one that is legal. I heard the AirForce unit is right around the corner.

Thanks,
Rich

2004 Lariat 4x4 Super Crew

Last edited by richgonfishn; 08-17-2004 at 08:45 PM.

Quick Reply: So far so good!!!