Gibson stainless or JBA ceramic coated headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gibson stainless or JBA ceramic coated headers

I'm just wondering which product would be better to add on to my truck. Im leaning more to JBA because the ceramic coating will help keep under hood temps a little lower then the gibson's. But the gibson are almost 200 bucks lower in price. please advise with any suggestions

current mods...

01 4.6 4:10 gears LS
24" Katana Azzad's/ 305/35 kumho
Flowmaster 40 original SI/DO
pro comp 9000 shocks (fr)
pro comp 3000 shocks (rear)
rancho 5000 steering stablizer shock
Hellwig rear anti-sway bar
Moog heavy duty ball joints (upper and lower)
Front A- arm and front sway bar-
polyurethane energy suspension bushings
BBK 75mm TB
BBK pulley set
K&N Kit GEN II
Power programmer III
HD lower valance
HD speed tubes
Viper remote start 791VX

Old 09-02-2004, 12:32 PM
i had a set of gibson headers and exhaust and i will never buy gibson again. the headers came with cheap a$$ gaskets and started leaking after 2 weeks and the mandrel bent tubing that came with the exhaust was pinched in on one side. the next set of headers im getting is jba, but people have had success with gibson. it might have just been coincidental that i had problems with the only 2 products ive purchased from them.

Old 09-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Alright 05_Shadow...I am gonna save the extra cash and wait to buy the JBA ceramic coated headers...

Old 09-06-2004, 09:20 PM
I just got a set of SS Gibson's for my V10 off e-bay and was thinking of having them coated for essentially the same reason (Classic Coatings in Sheboygan WI will do 1 pc big-block sets for $275). However, based the feedback I got off another forum, ceramic coating won't reduce the temps enough to matter. (Kinda what I figured but I needed to hear it for someone else) If the headers are made of carbon steel coating is more important as it reduces corrosion. There is also some horsepower gain but unless you're racing (or more **** than I am and that's pretty bad) it's really not worth the cost.

I will say that the gaskets are plain jane fibre but the headers themselves look fine. There are some sharp edges at the flange/ pipe weld which I will grind and feather when I port match them to the head.

By the way there is another set of Gibsons for the V-10 listed for, at last check, $250. I got mine for $255.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by dub24's
Alright 05_Shadow...I am gonna save the extra cash and wait to buy the JBA ceramic coated headers...
That's a good idea. Those are a much better product.

Quick Reply: Gibson stainless or JBA ceramic coated headers