BEST SOUNDING EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-1999 | 12:17 AM
Question

Tina,

Can you describe the Flowmaster 40 series performance in more detail. I have been looking at the Flowmaster for a while. Is the Delta series any better? How loud is it when you are not accelerating? I will tolerate the noise as long as I can leave off and not get busted for noise ordinances.

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights installed, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR
open airbox w/ K&N filtercharger.

Old 07-19-1999 | 07:51 AM
Thumbs up

Hey, no problem w/the questions. This is the way I found out info too No vibration at all, my stereo on the other hand does do that!! As far as corrosion, I've only had the cat-back about 2-3 months now. But there's no sign of rust!! I guess you'd need to find someone who's had theirs on a while to ask them about rust.

Old 07-19-1999 | 03:31 PM
Talking

After hearing Tina talk about her 40s flowmaster I got on last week. I ran duals to the back and they sure do hum. I've had people go crazy asking what I have and where they can get the same. If your lookig for an aggressive sound on acceleration and then a nice low rumble while rolling you might wanna try it.

Old 07-31-1999 | 03:02 PM
I HAVE THE FLOWMASTER 70 SERIES EXAUST I
REALLY DO LIKE IT IT HAS A NICE LOW RUMBLE
TO IT AND I NOTICED A BIG TORQUE AND HORSEPOWER INCREASE RIGHT AWAY! THE FLOWMASTER 50 SERIES DELTA FLOW HAS A LOUDER
RUMBLE TO IT. I HAVE HEARD IT ON A TRUCK LIKE
MINE IT SOUNDS POWERFUL! OR YOU CAN GO WITH
THE 40 SERIES AND HAVE A SOUND OFF AT THE RED
LIGHT THE NEXT TIME A OPEN PIPE HARLEY PULLS
UP BESIDE YOU! WICH EVER YOU CHOOSE YOU CANT
GO WRONG CAUSE I HAVE HEARD ALMOST ALL OF THEM AND NOTHING SOUNDS LIKE A FLOWMASTER! YOU CAN GET MORE INFORMATION TO FIND WICH ONE
YOU LIKE BEST AT WWW.FLOWMASTERMUFFLERS.COM

Old 07-31-1999 | 09:59 PM
F-trucks,

You don't have to YELL. We can read.

Old 08-01-1999 | 03:07 AM
SORRY marietta i yell probally because back
years ago i cruised my 73 mustang that had
duals out the rear with cherry bomb glass
packs it made me hard of hearing but i truelly miss them good ole days! 97 ford xlt 4 wheel drive S/C lund cab extender smittybuilt push bar and side nerf bars lund cowl visor 8 off-road lights headlight and taillight covers tonneu cover ventvisors billet grille and bumper billet grille flowmaster exaust K/N filter 285/75/16 tires future plans nice rims and a custom hood CHEERS!!!!!

Old 08-01-1999 | 10:11 PM
OK Now I'm confused...I was calling around last week for the best price on just straight pipes cat back duals with the 18" chrome tips (3" diameter) out the sides identical to the ones on my 91 351 V-8. It really isn't loud until you get crackin around 3-4k rpm. Now is the flowmaster louder than straight pipes...because if it is this is what I want!!! I got a Honda Magna with Jardines that already wake the dead and rattles the windows and now this truck needs to keep up the pace...I just figured straights had to be louder but it sounds like the flowmaster 40's may be even better...What ya'll say...PS I am in GA and there ain't no inspections here so straights are only about 140.00 installed with the chrome tips

------------------
99 F150 4X4 Ext Cab Black and Tan Lariat, Every Option except engine block htr
1997 Eddie Bauer Explorer AWD V-8 every option
91 F150 Rare Nite pkg Ext Cab 4X4 Still my favorite sigh..

Old 08-04-1999 | 05:14 PM
Red face

Tina Tina Tina,

Work on your descriptions !!!! I just put on a Flowmaster Delta 40 Series. This thing really barks without a tailpipe. I hope it quiets down a bit after I put one on. The Delta is supposed to be quieter inside and a little out. VERY LITTLE !..but......I like it !!

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights installed, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR,
Flowmaster Delta 40 series, open airbox w/ K&N filtercharger.

Old 08-05-1999 | 07:03 AM
Talking

SpaceAce: Did you say you were running without a tail pipe??? Let us know what the difference is when you do add one!! AND I did say it was LOUD

Old 08-05-1999 | 06:46 PM
For those who don't wan't to rattle the windows but want to have the sound of authority try a Dynomax race mag with a resonater tip any configuration. I have had many compliments on the sound and everybody wants to know what's under the hood. Low tight burbley tone at idle sharp deep rumble at take off and deep throughty growl under passing with a good deeep sound while driving but nothing that would wear on you on a long trip even pulling a boat. You cash challanged folks can even do this one by just replacing the stock muffler and getting a good sonic tip.

------------------
Nastruck1-4.6-377s-Superchip-K&N GenII-Dynomax RaceMag With Roush tips-MPC bug shield-40-60 black tint windows-class3 drawbar hitch.Polk speakers.

[This message has been edited by lovell1 (edited 08-05-1999).]

Old 08-09-1999 | 12:16 AM
This question is for "F-Trucks" I noticed in your posting that you seem happy with the 70 series. My local custom shop tells me the 70 is too quite and to go with the 50 series "SUV". From your posting it sounds like you are pleased with the sound outside the cab. Would you compare it to a stock Mustang GT system for instance? And is yours a one in two out system? Any help would be appreciated. I want to put a cat back one into two on my 98 Expedition 5.4. I want it to have a nice V-8 rumble outside but not give me a headache inside. The last time I listened to my local shop for advice they gave me a muffler that rattled my teeth. They do terrific custom work though so I want to go back. Anyone else with feedback on the 70 verses the 50 series would be much appreciated. Timbo

------------------

Old 08-09-1999 | 02:47 PM
Talking

Ok Tina,

Work on those descriptions again !!!! I just got the tailpipe put on. The Flowmaster Delta 40 series sounds like a a perfomance muffler now. NO interior drone and NOT much exterior noise, but you know it's there. I felt like I put out an anchor without the pipe on there. I can feel the torque returned. I still like it cause the exhaust is now freed up. Thanks again for the descriptions and help.

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights installed, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR,
Flowmaster Delta 40 series, open airbox w/ K&N filtercharger.

Old 08-10-1999 | 03:10 PM
Cool

HI!... I've got duel 2-1/2 straight in, straight out 3 chamber FLOWMASTERS that exit before the right rear wheel like the LIGHTNING. I cut the "Y" out and have all mandrel bent 2.5" pipes going to the mufflers ,and half way out it changes to 3" tailpipes. It is also all tig welded and painted black. It's got a throaty sound at cruising speeds, but when you "get on it" it gets really load like a MUSTANG.(so I have been told)

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 3.55L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, SUPERCHIP (truck won't start,"DAM"!!, soon to be installed 4.10 gears.

Old 08-11-1999 | 12:35 AM
I have the Flowmaster Delta eries on mine and it sounds awesome. Sounds great taking off without being too loud at highway speed. However next time I will go with the 40 sries, I love em loud! The thing I love about the flowmaster is the deep rumble, GRRRRRRR

Old 08-11-1999 | 01:45 PM
have 99 regular cab...installed gibson super-truck...it sounds great...at first i thought it was too loud..quality product!

Quick Reply: BEST SOUNDING EXHAUST