True Duals for '99 5.4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2000 | 11:26 AM
Cool

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how a downstream modification is going to cause an O2 sensor to read exhaust incorrectly. Sorry, I don't buy it. The post-cat sensor's job is to ensure that the cats are in fact doing their job. They sniff gases that go past them - that's all.

I appreciate your input Black&Tan - I'm going for the true duals. 'IF' any problems arise as a result of the installation of true duals - the shop that installed them is going to make good on their miss-design and/or installation.

I'll post my thoughts on the system after it's installation next week. Thanks everyone. I love this website.

Tom in Tacoma.

Old 02-16-2000 | 01:58 PM
I have a diff system than most I went with a single 3" i talk to a few people and found out that there is almost no diff than running 2-2 1/2" out well, mine goes into a single chamber flowmaster and then into custom y pipe, then into 2 1/2" out into 5" cannons out the back I went with this because it cost less ($175.00), I had the shop cut it at the fact. Y pipe. sounds like no other truck on the road nice and quit when going down the hi-way but still sounds great under power. Get people asking about it almost everday.. so I see no reason to go with true duels my $0.02 Allan

------------------
1999 F150 Bright Red Extended Cab 4x4 Off Road, With Gray Interior, 5.4L, 3.73 Gears,
ADD ON'S BELOW
Access Tunnel Cover
Stainless Stell Nerf Bars
Stainless Stell Rocker Pannels
Flowmaster Exhaust
Lund Bug Guard
GTS Head Light Covers
K&N Air Filter W/ Air Box Mod
Putco Bed Rails
Red Stering Wheel Cover
Pionneer CD Deck

Wish List: F1 Ram Air Hood, Tinted Side Windows, Brushguard, Wiper Crawl, Visor, Lift W/ 34" M/T Tires, ECT,ECT...

Old 02-19-2000 | 09:13 PM
Cool

And after all that yammering I put everyone through - what do I go and do?

Today I had a single Flowmaster Deltaflow muffler installed. It's factory until the muffler and then a single 3" pipe out the stock location with a 12" chrome tip. I love the sound. There's just a bit of resonance at 1700rpm (but the factory system had that as well). Love the look of that honkin' chrome tip.

Reason for the change of mind was very simple. This setup only cost me $145.00 versus the $400.00 quoted for the true duals.

Lemme see 145 from 400 leaves just enough for that billet grill and the clear marker lenses.... Hmmmm.

Tom in Tacoma

Quick Reply: True Duals for '99 5.4?