Ravin setups on my 01 Supercrew? need help fast

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004 | 05:08 PM
|
Ravin setups on my 01 Supercrew? need help fast

I'm in a bit of a time pinch to make up my mind on exhaust setups.. I am ordering the parts tomorrow morning at 9:10 a.m., and I'd like to try and get some quick feedback.

I have a 01 Supercrew with a 5.4.
I think I've decided to just get my stock muffler replaced with a Ravin z-55 and leave the pipes and tips stock.

The more I think about, the more I'd like to get the Ravin put on and get the pipes routed out in front of the rear wheels with a nice stainless steel tip pointing at a 45 degree angle towards the back.

Has anyone done this, if so, was the interior resonance really bad? Was it really expensive? And what tip would you recommend..

Any quick advice is appreciated..
Thanks,
Terry

Old 10-18-2004 | 07:00 PM
Re: Ravin setups on my 01 Supercrew? need help fast

Excellent choice going with Ravin!!!

I just got a Ravin Z33 installed and had it exit in front of the rear tire. Check my gallery for pics.

I love the sound, the Z33 is louder than the Z55, but at cruising speeds, I really dont have any resonance! When the rpms are under lode though, you can hear and feel it in the cab, since the exhaust is coming out right near you.

I think is looks awesome! I went with Ractive black chrome tips (t304 stainless) and I think they look great! I got a great price on the internet too!

Check out www.streetbeatcustomes.com as they have a wide selection of tips and they had the best prices I found on the internet!

~Colby

Feel free to ask me any other questions! I am always around!

~Colby

Old 10-18-2004 | 07:36 PM
|
Man, you're truck and exhaust setup look really nice.. It is exactly what I want done.

Do you think an exhaust shop would charge me a lot to put the pipes out the side instead of out behind the wheel?

He said to do just a muffler swap would run about 99.00. I'm going to try and haggle with him since he has done an exhaust on my camaro twice before (whether he remembers or not).
Thanks!

Old 10-18-2004 | 08:31 PM
Well if they just replace the muffler and keep the stock pipeing, that is the cheapest way to go. But running it out in front of the wheel is the next cheapest way because they dont have to use much pipe and time to bend it is minimised.

How much is he charging for the muffler? That will tell me alot. the extra piping on my setup was cheap, the two most exspensive parts were the muffler and the two exhaust tips. Are you planning on running one tip or two? In front of the wheel both look great imo!

Old 10-18-2004 | 08:33 PM
Originally posted by terryit3

He said to do just a muffler swap would run about 99.00.
Is the 99 dollars including the muffler??? If so that sounds like a pretty good deal!

Old 10-19-2004 | 08:42 AM
|
He said "You're looking at about 100 dollars." and that was for just a muffler swap (no tips). I really like the look of the exhaust coming out in front of the tire, I'll ask him about in in 40 minutes when they open and post what he says..

I'd like to get si/so, with a dual tip if he can make it look nice.
If si/do doesn't cost that much, I'll do that..it all depends on price.
I'm getting ready to get engaged, so I need any extra $ I can save

Thanks,
T

Old 10-19-2004 | 09:42 AM
|
I just got off the phone with my muffler guy and he said...

To get the Ravin z-55 with a si/do in front of the front tire with NO TIPS would be around 140-150 dollars. Tips he carries are around 35 for chrome and 60 for stainless.

To get the si/so in fronof the tire with a dual outlet tip would be about 150.

I think I'm going to go with a si/so in front of the tire with a dual outlet slash cut tip. 150 sounds pretty reasonable to me..

Old 10-19-2004 | 10:08 AM
Hey Bullitt4711, your linky no worky.

streetbeat customs

Old 10-19-2004 | 03:26 PM
I just got off the phone with my muffler guy and he said...

To get the Ravin z-55 with a si/do in front of the front tire with NO TIPS would be around 140-150 dollars. Tips he carries are around 35 for chrome and 60 for stainless.

To get the si/so in fronof the tire with a dual outlet tip would be about 150.

I think I'm going to go with a si/so in front of the tire with a dual outlet slash cut tip. 150 sounds pretty reasonable to me..
Sounds like he has pretty resonable prices to me! Either way you go (1 tip or 2) it will look and sound great! Get it done now before your engagement! You wont be able to latter! lol Congrats on that by the way! Good luck with that and the exhaust! Let us know what you do!

Quoted by LE PEW
Hey Bullitt4711, your linky no worky.
Thanks for fixing that! Got mine all messed up, didnt I!

Old 10-19-2004 | 05:34 PM
|
Instead of calling my shop this time, I went out there..

He quoted me the si/so ravin 55 with all the pipe work and a Magnaflow SS tip (pointed towards the back out the side) for 150.00 flat.

I'll have it done on Friday.
He said on a scale from 1-10, and my truck is a 2 now, it will be a 7 or 8

I hope it's not insanely loud.. I wanted to keep it fairly quiet so I got the 55 instead of the 33.

Old 10-19-2004 | 05:44 PM
Sounds good! I would rate the loudness of my Z33 at 8.5-9, so I would think with the Z55 you would be 6.5-7.5 at most, but it will sound great! They have a great rumble!

What size pipeing is he going to use??? Also what size tip and how long? This will also have an effect on the sound.

By the way, I think you got a great price!

Old 10-19-2004 | 05:48 PM
|
The tip is 8.5" long, 2.25 inlet and a 3" outlet.

I 'assume' he is going to just use 2.25 pipe, but I didn't even ask.
2.25 or 2.5 would be fine with me as long as I don't lose any power.

Considering Midas wanted 155. plus tax to do just a muffler swap, I think I got off pretty good

Old 10-19-2004 | 05:50 PM
I would say that since it is single out, 2.5" would be fine! I went dual 2.5" out without any loss of power (or so my butt tells me!)

~Colby

Old 10-20-2004 | 07:25 PM
|
Woohoo,
Only 1.5 days until the exhaust is getting installed..

I have been reading around the forums about Ravins, and I have read a few posts that say to unplug my battery, turn on my lights for 10 minutes and let the computer reset?

Doesn't make much sense to me, but should I do this with just an exhaust change?

Thanks again!

Old 10-20-2004 | 11:52 PM
Woohoo,
Only 1.5 days until the exhaust is getting installed..

I have been reading around the forums about Ravins, and I have read a few posts that say to unplug my battery, turn on my lights for 10 minutes and let the computer reset?

Doesn't make much sense to me, but should I do this with just an exhaust change?

Thanks again!
Well, I didnt right away, but I did reprogram with the 1714 tuner after the exhaust was done. The main reason for this is to allow the computer to reset and "relearn" the new mod and adjust accordingly.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Ravin setups on my 01 Supercrew? need help fast