Exhaust Mani-fold Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Mani-fold Bolt NEED SOME HELP

I have a 2001 F-150 5.4L King Ranch 4X4, and I have a bad exhaust leak coming from the passenger side.....I find out that I have a bolt on that side all the way in the back(towars the rear of the truck) that is broke off.....all thats there is a stud sticking out with no nut on it....I'm trying to find out if that stud is screwed into the block or if it is welded to the block...cause I'm gonna tackle that job this weekend and I need to know what I'm in for....so any info will help me out.....Thanks

Last edited by fajkus; 10-28-2004 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:28 PM
The stud is screwed into the block...I had the same problem and used it as an excuse to put headers on my truck. The studs came out with very little effort, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Good luck!!

Old 11-08-2004, 03:21 AM
little trouble? i tried to fix mine and when i went to remove the manifold 2 more studs broke so i said screw it,better to have 5 studs than none,and yes the engine was cold

Old 11-08-2004, 04:38 PM
I had to the exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe bolts torched out when they broke- the choices the ford dealer gave me was
1. torch out bolts
2. replace exhaust manifold

both options were about the same price , so I told them to replace the exhaust manifold...

Well, when they got to it - they called and said we'll torch the old bolts out since the propects of removing and replacing the exhaust manifold didn't look too good due to rusty bolts.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Mani-fold Bolt