4.2 flowmasters

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004 | 08:52 PM
|
Arrow 4.2 flowmasters

Pretty soon I will be getting 2 flowmaster 40 series with no cats on my 4.2. I dont want it to sound v8'ish ...just good enough for a v6....will it?

Old 10-29-2004 | 12:33 AM
I will probably get hated on for saying this, but from all of the exhaust systems I have ever heard on a V6, I have never heard one that sounded like a V8 and probably never will. I just don't think its possible to get the exact sound of a V8 from any 6.

Old 10-29-2004 | 12:37 AM
Oh yeah, I don't think that not having any cats on your truck will work, unless you don't mind looking at the check engine light all the time. I misread your post, too. I thought you wanted a V8 sound, but I believe what I said is true.

Old 10-29-2004 | 01:47 AM
If you get the MIL elimators, your check engine light will not go on. I ran with no cats on my 00 stang for years with MIL elimators and had no problems with the check engine light. Plug in's work well and they are alot easier if you have to remove them to replace the pipe for warrenty work or an emissions inspection. If you do alot of off roading I would recommend splice in mils since the connections are easier to water proof. It got noted that some were having problems with the plug in style in wet areas.

edit: no matter how hard you try, the v6 will never sound like a v8 to a trained ear. You can get the 6 to have a really close sound though.

Quick Reply: 4.2 flowmasters