Direct replacement performance muffler??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2000, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Direct replacement performance muffler??

I know this has probably been discussed a million times but I'm new to the site and I have a question. Does anyone know of a direct replacement performance muffler for a 2000 F150 4x4, 4.6l, ext cab, short box, auto. I think that should be all the info needed. I'm just looking at replacing the muffler myself. I'm curious to what may "bolt right in". Thanks guys, this is the web-site I've been looking for.

Old 10-19-2000, 07:11 PM
Cool

The factory muffler does not "bolt" in. Any performance muffler is a big improvement over the "low flow OEM trashcan". Aftermarket mufflers are usually shorter, have slight in/out differences, and utilize different hangers too.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back,
3" exit Y-pipe, Hellwig rear anti-sway bar,
Rancho RS9000s.

Old 10-19-2000, 11:03 PM
Max is correct, you'll have to cut off the original muffler, then have the inlet on the new muffler flared to adapt to the original pipe, and then place a clamp over the connection with a hanger attached if needed. I have the 4.6l and installed duals with a Flowmaster 2 chamber Delta Flow series muffler. It has a nice deep throaty tone to it, but if you want something more subtle, try the 3 chamber series. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Direct replacement performance muffler??