RACIEST exhaust tone....Borla XR-1 raceline mufflers??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2000 | 12:17 AM
|
Banned
Cool RACIEST exhaust tone....Borla XR-1 raceline mufflers??

OK I know on the borad alot of different exhausts are talked about. I called some of my close friends to talk about the Jardine catback and come to find they use a magnaflo muffler.......news to me. I wanted to inquire about it because of the fact that it is ranted a higher power improvment then others. Now i just wanted to throw that in there but im on a search.......for a racey exhaust tone.........and i need all of your help.

I want something LOUD. I was flipping through Jegs today and i saw the BORLA XR-1 raceline, and im very very curious to how they sound.Im looking for something with a fairly straight through design and a racier tone rather then a low hummmming tone.

When i was talking to RV on the phone they were strongly promoting K&N products, which are supposedly really great sound exhausts.....what I herd on the phone is the Borla system had a burbly water like tone to it....but he suggested borla or k&n....i need something that sounds good, not super low and loud and i thought thats what k&n sounded like.......Im planning to get headers, dont know which ones yet but that should help out the sound propulsion.

Some other muffler ideas I had was something called a magnapack made my magnaflo and its like a little bullet muffler with fibers in it, i had it on the explorer i owned and it was loud, but i dont think it had a versatile tone to it...

Im pretty sure im going to have my muffler man make me a system so now i just have to find a GOOD muffler. Ive used magnaflo and flowmaster in the past on the explorer and liked both, but i dont know how good you can make a v6 4.0 sound compared to a 4.6 or 5.4. Maybe a little race magnum muffler 3 inch piping and a supertrap or tunable muffler tip on the end? Any suggestions on resonated or muffled tips? Thanks for bearing with me I want to do this car RIGHT!

------------------
~K*I*A*L

Old 10-24-2000 | 05:07 PM
Cool

The people at Magnaflow told me that they do not consider trucks performance vehicles, so I skipped them. The reg FM 40 and the Dynomax Ultra-flows are throaty. The latter is straight through. Take a listen at the website. It can be heard a block away.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back,
3" exit Y-pipe, Hellwig rear anti-sway bar,
Rancho RS9000s.

Old 10-24-2000 | 07:54 PM
|
Banned
Whats the FM 40....and maybe i will try the Dynomax Ultra Flos, find a nice small one and slap it on there..........any other information is greatly appreciated....thank you

------------------
~K*I*A*L

Old 10-25-2000 | 07:07 PM
Cool

reg FM 40 = Flowmaster 40s series without delta flow technology. Dynomax does make small "race" bullets too. Mine is about as loud as I would like it on the highway, and had a real growl under certain rpms/loads.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back,
3" exit Y-pipe, Hellwig rear anti-sway bar,
Rancho RS9000s.

Quick Reply: RACIEST exhaust tone....Borla XR-1 raceline mufflers??