Headers...painted or coated?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2000, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Headers...painted or coated?

Ok guys...
I am going to put headers on my 97 f-150 4x4. I have found some form pacesetter and dynomax. However there is a price difference, manily because of the coated v painted. So what is the difference and is ceramic coated worth 100.00 more than painted? Let me know something from yall experts.

Andy IN NC

1997 F-150, ext cab, 4x4 liarit, 3 inch body lift, 285's, custom ram air,chrome push bar and brush guard with two KC's, chrome roll bar with 4 kc's, 4 more lights facing rearward, ss nerf bars, ford blue painted frame, "Ford, if you ain't got one stay home" logo on the tailgate, remote starter, corba cb,

In santa's sleigh....header, and complete exhaust system? I hope

Old 11-08-2000, 12:45 AM
Cool

In my opinion the ceramic coating is better than the painted. The ceramic will hold up to high heat better and insulated the headers much better than the painted ones. I would especially get the ceramic coated headers if you have an aftermarket intake with an open air element filter. Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-08-2000, 10:18 AM
Exclamation

Definatly go with the ceramic coated, it is well worth the $100.00. Think abouth the painted ones, the paint might last around a year at which time you will get to remove them sand them and paint them and reinstall. They were not hard to install, but it was time consuming around 4-5 hours. Sounds like a lot of fun to me. Then you can do it all again next year, no thanks.
I got the Dynomax ceramic coated ones and I am very satisfied. The only complaint I would have is where Dynomax put their tag on after they had been coated. Now the tag is rusting! Idoits!
Other than the 100 bucks and they simply look nicer, they also hold more heat in, so you get a cooler underhood temperature.

------------------
97 4X4 Flareside
4.6 5-Speed
Superchipped
ASP underdrives
Airaid
Dynamax headers
Borla Cat-back
Clear corners
5% Tint
285/75/16 BFG All terr.
16x8 AR Baha's
Rancho 9000's

Soon to come:
3" Perf. Acc. body lift
w/lift lips
315/75/16 BFG KO's
4000K bulbs

[This message has been edited by OLE BLUE (edited 11-08-2000).]

Quick Reply: Headers...painted or coated?