Anyone with Dynomax ultraflow systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2000, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone with Dynomax ultraflow systems

I was looking into getting an performance exhaust system soon and I wondered if anyone here has any experience with Dynomax catbacks. I know they make singles and duals. Thanks in advance.

------------------
Jim Clark
1998 F150 STX
4.6L Reg Cab
Short Bed
Mods coming soon

Old 11-17-2000, 08:42 PM
Thumbs up

well ford lover i dont know how much sound tone and loudness you r lookin for but i have true duals on my truck with dual pipes on each side. dual PIPES not split tips. theres a diff.! most people put those ugly PaceSetter dual TIPS on each of there duals and it does nothin for the performance or sound just a ridiculous look. but anyway back to the subject. i have a 98 with the 4.6 and i run 2 1/2" true duals with double pipe on the ends at a 45 degree anlge at the back corner with 3" slash cut tips. and from alllll the 4.6's i have heard with dual exhaust i have yet to find a better sound tone and RUMBLE than a true dual straight pipe double ended exhaust. and to make a long story short i have heard dynomax on the 4.6 and i wouldnt put it on if U bought the exhaust! so take those words to heart! ford15098

Old 11-17-2000, 08:48 PM
Thanks, I dont really know what I'm gonna do. I will either get the bassani cat back or make my own custom setup. I will probably wait till summer so all the salt is gone for the year. I would really like to see your setup. If you have pics could you email them to me. I guess it would help to see it. Thanks for the help.

jimc@buckeye-express.com

------------------
Jim Clark
1998 F150 STX
4.6L Reg Cab
Short Bed
Mods coming soon

Old 11-17-2000, 09:24 PM
Cool

Clarkbar- There are many good exhaust systems out there. If you're curious about the Dynomax Ultra-flow, I can try to help. The Ultra-flow is a straight through design. It has a rumble at idle, becomes about as loud as I would want and still hear the radio or talk on the highway, and is extremely throaty at certain rpms/loads. This is good for people who like loud and throaty. You can hear it coming, that's for sure, and I have got many compliments. It shows no signs of low end torque loss, and definately helps mid to top end. Good Luck, there are people here with about every system imaginable to assist.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL, RC, LB, 5.4L, 4R70W, 3.55LS,
Class III tow, Payload #3, & Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS, Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner w/Paintsaver & gas/wheel/spare locks,
Mobil 1, 3" cold air box modification, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back w/ 3" Y-pipe,
Hellwig front & rear anti-sway bars, Rancho RS 9000s.

Old 11-18-2000, 10:07 AM
Talking

sure thing clarkbar i have some pics that r in the process of bein developed right now so give me a couple days and i will send some pics. ford15098

Old 11-18-2000, 10:07 AM
Talking

sure thing clarkbar i have some pics that r in the process of bein developed right now so give me a couple days and i will send some pics. ford15098

Old 11-18-2000, 11:14 AM
Thanks all. I have said it before and I mean it, this board is great. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Anyone with Dynomax ultraflow systems