Borla Cat-back Kits for short beds only???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla Cat-back Kits for short beds only???

I have a 2004 FX4 w/6.5' bed (144.5 wb). Will I have to look elsewhere for a system?

Old 11-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Welcome ASkrivan,
You have one of the more popular configurations(Super cab/Short bed). I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that most exhaust manufactors make at least two or three different cat back systems for your truck...Kevin

Old 11-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by kevhunt
Welcome ASkrivan,
You have one of the more popular configurations(Super cab/Short bed). I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that most exhaust manufactors make at least two or three different cat back systems for your truck...Kevin
Thanks for the response Kevin...but, you are wrong. The short bed has a bed length of 5.5'. I'm a foot longer, granted not a long bed either...medium I guess. All I know is a my wheel base is 14" longer than the Supercab with the true 5.5' shortbed. This fact would surely make a difference with a fitted system.

Old 11-07-2004, 04:39 PM
5.5 beds the only option on super crews.They are rare on super cabs. The configuration you have is most common here in Oklahoma anyway. What you have is referred to as super cab short bed. I know you don't know me from Adam, but if you call Troyer Performance @(540)862-9515 (they sell Magnaflow cat back systems among other performance items),they will tell you the same thing. My regular cab has a 6.5 bed and it is referred to as a short bed...Kevin

Old 11-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Borla catback on SC w/6.5

I just put on the system last weekend. Fits perfect. 3 hours start to finish. Sounds great....

MDL

Old 11-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Welcome mdlfx4,
Thanx for validating what I posted. I knew what I was saying had some merit, but if someone else chimes in it usually helps. Just hope Askrivan sticks around to read your reply, if he still wants a borla system...Kevin

Old 11-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys. After Kev's post I called Borla and they too confirmed it would work with the 6.5' bed but said Ford made some changes on the front pipe on about 50 percent of the trucks beginning in June. He said it's possible that I might have to cut as much as 10" off. My truck was manufactured in May so hopefully it will bolt right in. Anyways, I went ahead and ordered the system from Socalmotorsports for $588.95 shipped. It'll be here on Monday...can't wait!

Quick Reply: Borla Cat-back Kits for short beds only???