2004 F150 FX4 - Borla Dual + Airaid

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004 | 08:34 PM
|
2004 F150 FX4 Flareside - Borla Dual + Airaid + 1714 Tuner = WOW!

Purchased 2004 F150 Fx4 in late August and currently have 1700 miles. Just ordered Borla Catback Dual exhaust and Airaid intake. Can't wait till they arrive and I get them installed. Thanks to all previous postings for making the decision on which products to buy an easy one. Will leave more feedback once the installs are complete!!!

For Pics see:

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=4939

Just installed the Borla and Airaid. Wow!!! Big difference!! But, I had one minor glitch with the installation of the Airaid. Apparently I didn't quite get the intake unit seated properly the first go around and the 'check engine light' came on and stayed on after install. I removed the Airaid and reseated it correctly but the 'check engine light' remained on. A quick disconnect of the battery negative terminal (disconnected for about 5 min) resolved the problem. I'm highly satisfied with the performance gains from the intake/exhaust mod. The Borla Catback (Dual out the rear) sounds good, a little on the conservative side for me, but does have a slightly throaty growl with my foot in the pedal. Just ordered the Micro Tuner (1714) from Troyer. Will update again after receipt.

Got the tuner this afternoon and installed the programming immediately. The sleeping beast has awoken!!! Incredible difference, couldn't be happier. This is like a NEW new truck. Exactly like it should have come from the factory. Peppy with plenty of power and the combination of Borla, Airaid and 1714 tuner all compliment each other. Sounds great and has plenty of attitude now!! All on the 87 octane setting, used default setting but increased rev limiter.

Last edited by fordtrucknut; 11-19-2004 at 05:16 AM.

Quick Reply: 2004 F150 FX4 - Borla Dual + Airaid