Got My Gibson Dual Sport Today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2001 | 02:02 PM
|
Talking Got My Gibson Dual Sport Today!!!!

Well the exhaust came in today and I picked up my truck about an hour ago. I bought the Gibson Dual Sport exhaust. It is wonderful!!! It is definitely louder (good loud - not annoying) in the cab, sounds deeper when it starts and when you hit the gas, and at idle. I haven't had a chance to hear it from the outside because I had to hurry off to work, but will let you know.

I also noticed a bit of difference in slack time after you hit the gas - seemed to respond better. Pretty cool! Hope it improves gas mileage, too. Hopefully, I will get a warm day this weekend to wash it and post some pictures finally!

Melissa

2000 F-150 XLT Extended Cab 2WD V6
Styleside, Short Bed, Sliding Rear Window, Rear and Cab-Side Tint, Tow Package, Green Exterior, Beige Interior

Modifications:
Exterior:
Stull Billet Grille
Steel Horse Automotive Black EuroBars
Ford Bedliner
Extang Classic Platinum Tonno Cover
Ventshade Vent Visors
Lund Trident Bug Shield
Side Window Tint - 35%

Interior:
Pioneer DEH-8200R CD Receiver
Pioneer CDX-1250 12-disk Changer
Alpine Mono Subwoofer Amplifier
12" JL Audio Subwoofer in sealed enclosure

Performance:
K&N Air Filter
Gibson Dual Sport Exhaust

[b]Soon:[b]
VTech Rough-Cut Taillight Covers (custom painted)
Clear Corner Lenses for Headlights (autodynamic.com)
Rear and Cab-Side Tint (looking for about 5%)

Wish:
Superchip
Lowering Kit
New Tires and Wheels
Custom Hood
Custom Front Bumper

Old 01-26-2001 | 03:17 PM
I bought the dual sport for my expy a couple of weeks ago and have not had the chance to install it yet. I'd love to hear it on a v6, what area of MD are you from?

------------------

http://www.geocities.com/x_plosive98

Old 01-29-2001 | 07:59 PM
Please keep us updated. I am deciding between the Dual Sport and the Swept Side. I want a better growl, but I do not want to hear it in the cab driving at Interstate speeds.

Old 02-05-2001 | 05:03 PM
mikebourg,
I'm in the same boat. I like the look of duals coming out the side also. Just trying to decide. We need to find a 100$(33%) off coupon from carparts.com. Where is the lowest price on these gibson systems? Thanks!

------------------
J Randall
2001 F-150 SC Flare 5.4L ORP 4X4 Az Beige

Old 02-05-2001 | 10:25 PM
ELKTAGAZ,
I'm with you. I am holding out for a great deal somewhere. Let us know if you get the coupon!

------------------
2001 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, Dark Highland Green / Arizona Beige, Medium Parchment Leather (Captain's Chairs), 5.4L V8, 6 CD Changer, Rear Entertainment System, Rear Slider, 3.55 Limited Slip, Tow Package, AirForce One FIPK, Bedrug, Extang Tuff Tonno III, DRLs, Bed Extender.

Next Mods - Superchip, Gibson Exhaust, Headers, Hellig Anti-Sway, Bug Deflector, Fog Lights, White Face Gauges, & New Speakers!
Future Wish List - Magnacharger!!

Old 02-06-2001 | 12:23 AM
Melissa,
Congrats on your new exhaust,I'm trying to decide between the Gibson Side Swept and the Dual Sport. I have the 4.2 V6 also, is there any way that you could make a recording of your exhaust? If you can i will be forever in your debt!
Thanks,
Scott

------------------
98 STX
4.2 V6 5SPD
3:55 Gears
Black Clearcoat

Mods(So Far)
Superchip
K&N Filter

BugflectorII
Window Ventshades
Pendaliner
Pioneer 12 Disk Changer W/Wireless Remote

Things I Want
FIPK (Airaid,K&N)
Gibson Side Swept Catback
Ignition Upgrade(MSD,Jacobs)
Underdriven Pulleys

Old 02-06-2001 | 08:29 PM
Have you started noticing any more differences since you added the exhaust? Power? Fuel Economy? Interior Noise? Please keep us informed as I am looking at the Dual Sport also.
-Michael

Old 02-10-2001 | 12:44 AM
|
Okay, guys. Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but I am trying to get through finals. After tomorrow they will be over!! Hoorah!

Here is what I have noticed after two weeks with my new dual sport exhaust.

Power: feels like it responds quicker when I hit the gas pedal (yes, both gradually and stomping the pedal) I noticed that the V6's hesitate more than the V8's and the exhaust has helped my truck a bit

Loudness: of course the sound coming out of the exhaust is deeper, but it is not excessively loud
I have noticed it being a little louder in the cab, not really at idle, but when I hit the gas and during interstate driving - I don't find this annoying at all
I drove a 4.6L V8 the other day as a rental and I think that the loudness is quite comparable.

Gas Comsumption: I don't know - they say when you first get something like this, you tend to drive it a little harder - that I have done, so my mpg have actually gone down (plus I was using premium for a while which I have found gets used faster anyway)
I will let you guys know more about this in the future, because I am trying to settle down the driving after being at the pump so much!!!

Look: I like the dual side look

As far as the recording, I am going in search of a long wire to run out the window of our house and down to the truck to make a recording on our PC for you. I will post it ASAP!!! (Probably within a few days.)

I have cleaned it up and took some pictures today. I will posting them as soon as I get them developed.

Any more questions, let me know.....

Melissa

[This message has been edited by luvmytruck (edited 02-09-2001).]

Old 02-10-2001 | 12:54 AM
I am eagerly awaiting that sound recording from you. I desperately want to find a new exhaust system I like and the dual sport is on top of the list. I only need to hear it to make my final decision. Please, please, please hurry!!!

------------------
98 Reg cab XLT 4X2 LB
4.2 V6 mnl
Window Tint, SnugTop Xtra-Vision camper shell, Drawtite class III, GTS Headlight covers,
Wilderness AT P255/70R16

Very near future:
FIPK, Gibson Dual Sport Truck exhaust, Bosch plugs & wires, Herculiner bedliner

Further down the road:
Billet Grille, custom alloy wheels, painted taillight covers, nerf bars

Dreamin about:
Supercharger!!!!!!

Old 02-17-2001 | 12:16 AM
luvmytruck,
Any new developments on your Dual Sport exhaust? How's it doin for ya? Any closer to getting that sound recording yet?

Old 02-20-2001 | 10:58 PM
luvmytruck,
Not to pressure you, but we all want to hear it!

------------------

2001 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, Dark Highland Green / Arizona Beige, Medium Parchment Leather (Captain's Chairs), 5.4L V8, 6 CD Changer, Rear Entertainment System, Rear Slider, 3.55 Limited Slip, Tow Package, Superchip, AirForce One FIPK, Bedrug, Extang Tuff Tonno III, DRLs, Bed Extender.

Next Mods - 01L Headlights and Corners, Gibson Exhaust, Headers, Hellwig Anti-Sway, Shocks, Bug Deflector, Fog Lights, White Face Gauges, & New Speakers!

Old 02-21-2001 | 05:36 PM
|
Talking

The moment everyone has been waiting for. Sorry it took so long. It is really windy here, so you will notice there is a bit of wind noise toward the end.

As far as other differences, no haven't noticed any more than I told you before. I haven't been keeping track of the gas mileage lately either. Now, for cab noise, I do notice it a bit louder than before, especially when you first hit the gas. In no way it is annoying, and you grow used to it quickly.

Just a note... my dad has a 2001 5.4L V8 Supercrew and decided to get a Flowmaster 40 Series split rear exhaust. Well, the very next day he took it all off because it was absolutely too loud. I never heard it, but my sister said it was like a dragster. So, he is now looking for a quieter muffler.

www.kiva.net/~bjw1977/truck.mp3

Melissa

Old 02-21-2001 | 11:07 PM
Thanks. That is what we have been waiting for. It sounds great!

------------------

2001 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, Dark Highland Green / Arizona Beige, Medium Parchment Leather (Captain's Chairs), 5.4L V8, 6 CD Changer, Rear Entertainment System, Rear Slider, 3.55 Limited Slip, Tow Package, Superchip, AirForce One FIPK, Bedrug, Extang Tuff Tonno III, DRLs, Bed Extender.

Next Mods - 01L Headlights and Corners, Gibson Exhaust, Headers, Hellwig Anti-Sway, Shocks, Bug Deflector, Fog Lights, White Face Gauges, & New Speakers!

Quick Reply: Got My Gibson Dual Sport Today!!!!