Best performance exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004 | 07:26 AM
APT
Borla and Magnaflow's systems are performance tuned. They prioritize performance first. Other systems get a little performance, but prioritize sound.

Old 12-07-2004 | 08:55 PM
Originally posted by APT
Borla and Magnaflow's systems are performance tuned. They prioritize performance first. Other systems get a little performance, but prioritize sound.
Which would you choose?

Old 12-07-2004 | 09:10 PM
Originally posted by APT
Which would you choose?

Old 12-07-2004 | 09:15 PM
Well straight true duals would work, and yeah a magnaflow would work. But with true dulas BB is right, you will loose performance unless you also increase the amount of air coming into the engine. True duals sound awsome, but you have to go to a performance cold air intake to get enough air coming in or that 4.6 will be a slug. Cold air intakes start around 140 bucks up to 260 or so. And Borla vs. Magnaflow? HP per $$, go with Magnaflow... all day long!!! But hey if your rich, NOONE beats the Borla systems. Just make sure your compairing comperable systems.

Old 12-08-2004 | 08:18 PM
APT
I'd call performance a wash betweel Borla and Magnafow. I recommend chosing on other preferences. I don't like Borla's tips and Magnaflow is a little bit cheaper.

Old 12-08-2004 | 09:02 PM
Originally posted by APT
I'd call performance a wash betweel Borla and Magnafow. I recommend chosing on other preferences. I don't like Borla's tips and Magnaflow is a little bit cheaper.
Your right, but Borla does have some mufflers available that slightly out perform Magnaflow, but its not worth the price difference. Also most of the Borla's sound a little better to me, but again not worth the extra $$$. As far as I see, sound is reallly the only thing that makes me like the Borla's the best. But sound is definatly an opinion.

Old 12-09-2004 | 10:40 PM
The prices on the single exit SS systems from both are about the same unless you guys know some places that have good deals. I just got my 04 two weeks ago so I am new to this board. The big selling point for me besides performance will be sound. I don't want anything obnoxiously loud and really don't want any drone in the cab, that gets very annoying to me real quick. My father-in-law has flowmaster duals on his and it is annoying on the highway. Don't get me wrong it does sound awesome just gets old and he will admit that.

So if you had to make a choice purely on cruising speed noise levels what would it be. How will these too compare to stock. A lot louder and or just a little.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by treatcg; 12-09-2004 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-10-2004 | 01:48 PM
APT
Borla and Magnaflow systems have similar sound levels, with a little different tones. THey are quiet at idle and quiet on the highway. You only notice a difference over stock when you use are at >1/3 or 1/2 throttle.

Last I heard, Performance Peddler had the best Magnaflow pricing. They have a web site, but people have gotten better prices by calling them.

Old 12-10-2004 | 07:22 PM
always call

IMO it's always best to call. I'm having magnaflow 3" si/so put in for @ $450!(judging from websites, this is a great deal)
couple of thoughts:

1. I have no experience with "Dez Racing" located in Seekonk, Mass... but they came HIGHLY recomended by the owner of Rizzo Ford (North Providence, RI) AND they're located directly accross from a racetrack!(Seekonk Speedway)

2. Yes, it's all stainless.

3. System hasn't been put in yet, let's hope our "conversation" regarding price stays true.

I can't wait for it to be put in, I'll keep everyone informed of my experience when it's finished.

Old 12-10-2004 | 09:35 PM
Let us know how you like the system. I do like the tip on the Magnaflow better than the Borla.

Old 12-11-2004 | 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Scottie B
always call

IMO it's always best to call. I'm having magnaflow 3" si/so put in for @ $450!(judging from websites, this is a great deal)
couple of thoughts:

1. I have no experience with "Dez Racing" located in Seekonk, Mass... but they came HIGHLY recomended by the owner of Rizzo Ford (North Providence, RI) AND they're located directly accross from a racetrack!(Seekonk Speedway)

2. Yes, it's all stainless.

3. System hasn't been put in yet, let's hope our "conversation" regarding price stays true.

I can't wait for it to be put in, I'll keep everyone informed of my experience when it's finished.
how the *** did you post the pic? Did you host it from your own site?

Old 12-11-2004 | 09:55 AM
K....I'm going to get the Magnafow system....and from what I'm reading is that you get better performance from the single.......But I wanted the dual straight pipe system.....I like the way it looks on the truck.....do you compromise alot of performance?

Old 12-11-2004 | 11:17 AM
BB

to post a pic you need to create a photo gallery..

once you do that it's pretty easy...

when you respond to a message, way on the bottom is a link to attach a file...click on that

jump to your gallery

click on your album

click on your pic

in the bottom right corner is a "forum codes" link...click on that

copy the code and paste it into your message

Here's the hood I just ordered...

I messed around with it in the testing 1 2 3 section ( took about 10 minutes to figure it out)

good luck!!!

Old 12-11-2004 | 11:52 AM
Scottie B

Great looking hood. Where and how much? Does the ram air work on the hood?

Old 12-11-2004 | 05:11 PM
HMMMM!!!!!!

Yeha I really like that hood. Think I will call Santa and see if I can change my letter.:santa:

Quick Reply: Best performance exhaust