Best performance exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004 | 05:06 PM
new hood

here's where I found the hood

ramairhood.com

Unfortunately, it doesn't come operational, but I spoke with a rep and they said if I want to void the 1yr warranty, I can make it functional very easily. I wanted a functional hood, but I REALLY like the look of this one... I'll just have to void the warranty and make it functional. I'm sure alot of you(like myself) feel that why bother getting a new hood if it isn't functional, I feel the same way.

$595 not painted + $130 shipping + @ $300 for install and painting= $1025 for a damn nice looking hood

Old 12-12-2004 | 05:49 PM
Magnaflow exhaust sound

Treat, I put a Magnaflow si/do on my '02 5.4l F150; 3" pipe down to 2 1/4", with dual bright 4" SS Magnaflow script baloney sliced tips out the back. Looks great, and the sound is throaty, mellow, and not overpowering. At an idle, you barely notice them, and when you stick your foot in it, they don't have a farty rapping sound, but instead have a deep rich roar :. Cabin noise is really pleasant; I've ridden in some rits with exhaust systems that really drone, and the noise just wears you out on long trips. Not this set up. My mileage hasn't improved, mostly 'cause I stick my foot in it more often now, just to hear the pipes! Good luck in what you choose. If you can, go around and actually listen to a number of different rigs with different exhaust set ups. In the end, it's YOU that you have to please, and no matter how good my setup sounds to me, you might think it stinks.

Old 12-12-2004 | 05:55 PM
I just wish I could find a way to make my truck sound like an old 351 modified with straight duals and headers. Well besides installin loud spearkers and a midi board. I dont really care if it is noisy on long trips, thats what I have the Expedition for. this truck is for work and for FUN!!! MTV, PIMP MY RIDE!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2004 | 06:11 PM
not to derail this thread, but does anyone know where i could buy some resonators? i need a pair for my catless exhaust setup. WAY TO LOUD. resonates a little to much.

Old 12-13-2004 | 11:58 PM
surf

amen to that, brother... had that setup on a 95 f150 with 35" mickey thompson baja belteds no cats... sounded like a harley and beat mustangs off the line

god I miss that truck!

Old 12-14-2004 | 08:56 PM
I ended up ordering the 3" single exit Magnaflow system from Performance Peddler. They had a good deal going on it if you follow the link from this forum. The part number was #15821.

Old 12-20-2004 | 10:16 PM
I bought my Magnaflow muffler and 3 1/2 "x18" tip for around $125 w/ shipping then had a local guy fab the pipes and install for $200. WOW!! what a great sound & has much more giddyup!!
Good luck with whatever ya` choose!

Old 12-21-2004 | 12:17 PM
From what i have read so far, you will lose 3-4 hp with a Magnaflow si/do versus the Magnaflow si/so system. Really, not enough to notice a difference, by your s.o.t.p. meter...

Old 12-21-2004 | 06:15 PM
From: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Alright heres a different approach for me. I just bought my '00 F-150, 5.4L Triton, I have plans to make it a semi sleeper with a little bling here and there. But I want all performance to be as hidden as possiable untill I am ready to unvail it. One of the blings I'd like is for the exahuast to come out thorugh the body. However I can not find the through the body ring that protects the paint and I dont really feel like Fabing it up unless cost dictates otherwise. Does anybody know of any links to where these might be found? They are not vehicle specific.

I also would like to find a preferabley coated aluminum "for weight as well as to coordinate with the rest of the pipes" headers and mufflers with 3" in and out that are quiet "low rumble at idle & similar on highway" But semi loud under hard accleration. Any one who has experinces that might achieve this best, your opinions would be greatley appreciated.

Also the cats will be non ****ional too, does anyone know how to contend with the 2nd O2 sensor? With out unplugging the Check engine light.

PS Sniffer test are not implemented for vehicle inspection here yet! I will adress that issue when/if the need arises.

Old 12-22-2004 | 05:20 PM
ss versus aluminum coated

the ss pipe will keep the heat in the pipe better increasing tyhe scavenging effect

Old 12-22-2004 | 10:06 PM
Got the Magnaflow 15821 put on my 04 and wow. I could not be more happier. Don't even know it is there at cruising speeds or normal driving. Get on it and you do. Great powerful sound when you get on it. My brother was standing outstide when romped it from a standstill and he said it sounded awesome.

I recommend this system to anyone who doesn't want a LOUD system but does want the performance. It does have a little more pickup now. Just need to finish it off with FIPK. Hoping I got one for xmas.

Old 12-22-2004 | 11:08 PM
I posted This before i'm very happy with
www.macperformance.com new exhaust
on my 2004 f150. had gibson on my old truck performance and sound doesn't even compare to new mac stuff check it out.

Old 12-23-2004 | 02:57 PM
openclasspro#11
Yes I had considered that too, I am still in debate with myself on it.

treatcg
That sounds exactley like what I am looking for!

However I have not heard or heard of the Mac that 150jack mentioned, but I do like the dual same side exit look on thier cat back systems.

AHHHH To many decisions!!!!! That's great though! I still haven't had any luck finding the rings to go through the body. Maybe if I knew what they were actually called that might help.

Old 12-24-2004 | 01:05 PM
You can use boat exhaust to go through the body. You can use flex pipe to go from the muffler to the tips. Check these out.
http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=372

Old 12-24-2004 | 04:17 PM
I had thought about that too. But my concern is boats are designed for the exhaust to be cooled by water being pumped through them and wonder if they will get to hot and burn the surrounding paint. I have found these but they are rather expensive hopefully I can find something cheaper somewhere.
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.c...&CategoryID=25

Quick Reply: Best performance exhaust