Wanted: more sound and power

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001 | 02:16 AM
|
Post Wanted: more sound and power

Ok, I know you guys are sick of hearing it, but it goes one more time. Let me have some more opinions on the good the bad and all the rest of these two systems. I have a 97 Ford F150 reg cab/long bed with the 4.6L

I was also looking at Ravin systems and Flowmaster systems except I was not buying a complete system.

Option 1:
Local muffler shop to clamp on Flowmaster 40 or 50 series (does not carry Delta flows) aluminized pipe si/do with chrome tips (does not have stainless steel). Last con, will not weld it on, says it is too hard to get them back off later (who cares, if I want it welded, then they should weld it on), Price $320

Option 2:
Go to Midas shop. Have them "weld" on a Ravin Z33 or Z55 si/do aluminized pipe with chrome or stainless steel tips. I have only talked to one Midas shop so far and he hadn't installed this muffler put promised to check it out more and he said he knew he could get them. He wasn't for sure on the prices. When I first stated I wanted a sual exhaust system he quoted me a price of $216 + $38 labor before he gave me a chance to ask about the ravin and ss tips. After i told him the range of what I thought the ravin muff were he siad he should be able to put the system on for around $350 or less.
Help me pick here guys, can't make up my mind. Plus I do not want to modify the y pipe yet so should I go 2.5 to muff and then go 2.25 dual(or stick to dual 2.5)out the rear or should I go to 3 in to muff then one of the exit options mentioned above.

Sorry for long post, I know this subject is getting old for the most of you. Just trying to spend wisely.

------------------
97 Ford F150 XLT 4wd 4.6L auto, Std cab/Long bed 2 tone royal blue w tan bottom, PW,PL, and PM, captian chairs w/arm rests

Current Mods
K&N Filter
Xact Plug Wires- 8mm
Ventshade side window deflectors,read window deflector, bug guard, headlight and taillight blackouts
custom hand painted Ford emblems on door jamb guards and under hood on plastic intake cover
plastic mud guards
custom 4x4 off road graphics
Ford hitch cover and license plate frame
Custom carpet liner (protects factory carpet)
Slyvania Cool Blue Headlight and fog lamp bulbs
Pioneer 6 disc changer
Whistler 1650 radar detector
oh yeah, one custom dent and scratch from a deer the night before deer season

Old 05-08-2001 | 01:31 PM
|
OK, don't make me beg, please just someone help me think about these two systems

Quick Reply: Wanted: more sound and power