Backpressure?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005 | 08:26 PM
BC, do I hear that you don't think there are engines with cams that have no overlap?
The Ford 5L stock cams have no overlap and your Lt series Corvettes have none either with their cams at 118* lobe centers "by order of the board room".
Reason is they don't want those engines to idle rough and hear the customer complaints. This has already been in print.
You do know why there is no overlap , otherwise? Remember, these are not race engines. The other 'hint' is emmissions.
Don't get me wrong, I to have many years building race engines and currently run 5.8 L Ford powered sprinter on aky at well over 500 hp. You like to hear rough idle, you should hear this one on open tuned headers at 7600 rpm.
Cam overlap is close to 60* and yes we turn left all the time and lift the front wheels off the track down the straights..

Old 02-11-2005 | 04:23 AM
piping

What's up just started this whole forum thing and wanted to get the down low on straight piping my 04 FX4. Everyone has told me that it is bad in the long run over years, but i want to hear the damn exhaust at idle and when i get on it. I currently have it superchiped and a 40 serious flowmaster on it, also cold air intake . it sounds good but would love to really hear it sound off. First things first though if back pressure is going to damage engine over time i'll just settle for 40 serious. Please help?

Quick Reply: Backpressure?