DI/DO?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DI/DO?

Went to Exhaust Pros today to get an estimate on a Magnaflow exhaust. I originally wanted to go with a Magnaflow SI/DO muffler with the pipes exiting at the corners of the rear bumper and replacing the factory Y pipe. He suggested cutting off the factory Y pipe all together and putting in a DI/DO Magnaflow muffler instead. The pipes would also run to the corners of the rear bumper. He gave me a quote of $460 including tax. Anybody know the pros and cons of a DI/DO setup?

Old 02-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody will have an opinion on this, and each will be correct for their application.

so here goes MINE. i have not gone to "true" duals. One of the reasons I did not was the fuel tank. Although not a big obstacle, it is one the reasons "I" did not install duals.

I did buy a Flowmaster SI/DO 50 delta flow with the exits behind the wheels on each side. This muffler sounds great, but seems to be restrictive. I say this because when i accelerate while entering the highway, I can hear the left exhaust pipe make a SSSSSHHHHHUUUUSHHHH ing sound.

I had a SI/DO Gibson on my 2000 and I would like to put one on my 2002. It was quieter than the flowmaster, but when I pulled my trailer it was noticibly louder.

Personally I like duals, but i have been fairly happy with a SI/DO setup. They are quick and easy to have installed. In addition, i believe that true duals may require some attention to the computer/emissions systems. I am thinking of the O2 sensor and how it interacts with the exhaust system.

I hope you find this information useful and good luck!

Quick Reply: DI/DO?