Sweet exhaust and a excellent dude to install

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Sweet exhaust and a excellent dude to install

I just thought that some of you guys might be interested. I got a spin tec muffler with cat back system today and really does sound great! I know how many posts I looked through trying to decide what to get so I figured I would add my 2c and hopefully help someone out. I had origionally decided to get a FM super 40 but opted for the spintec since it was supposed to sound nice and deep without the poping and resonance of the FM. It was as advertized, a very nice deep rumble with no poping, and at cruze it mellows right out. You can hear it but it really is not intrusive in the cab at all. The system is a singe and exits out behind the Rt rear. The total for the system (3 in from the Y-pipe back, spintec muffler, and chrome 4 in tip was only 250.00) The best part of the deal is that it is all mandrel tubing and custom fitted! The guy who built the system is Dan from Dan's Performance Exhaust (he is in Dallas, NC close to Charlotte). It took him about an hour and a half but he made the whole system and hung it on the truck. He does have auctions on E-bay for his stuff and I really would recommend checking them out if you are considering an exhaust upgrade. He has a website too, dansperformanceexhaust.com if you want to swing by there and scope out some of his work. He is a super nice guy who took the time to make sure that the work was done right (fully welded and he made sure it wouldn't go anywhere with extra hangers). I don't mean to sound like an infomercial for this guy but when someone does quality work for a reasonable price I like to let people know so that they can avoid all the other scam artists out there. If you've ever had exhaust work done then you know how hard it is to find a quality exhaust guy.

Quick Reply: Sweet exhaust and a excellent dude to install