Gibson anyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005 | 09:47 AM
|
Gibson anyone

i have 97 4.6.....has anyone tried the gibson super truck system?
I want some noise but not (extrem) and will it harm my low end power. Im doing a rebuild on my 4.6 and Im gonna go with patriot performance stage II heads and cams. someone suggested I use PI heads but Im not sure what they are?not sure yet on an Intake will probly stay with stock one for now.....thanks

Old 03-04-2005 | 01:23 PM
As a newly converted owner, I would STRONGLY recommend Magnaflow (either SISO or SIDO). Sounds great and performes better than my previous Flowmaster. I've read alot of people complain that Gibson isn't loud enough at any RPM and Mike Troyer (who knows his stuff) says the only muffler proven not to rob low-end torque and backpressure is Magnaflow. This site owner used to have a 97 F150 5.4 with Gibson Super Truck exhaust on it. The sound file might still be on here somewhere. As for intakes, Air Force 1 from Troyer Performance. Mine should be arriving in a few hours. Can't wait!

Old 03-04-2005 | 04:56 PM
|
thanks

hey thanks for the info......

Old 03-05-2005 | 12:52 AM
I had a Gibson Super Truck on my '97. Was not stainless, and it broke the front of the muffler out after 15 months of use. The shell wasn't even rusty and the inlet pipe broke right out of it! Gibson told me that they do not recommend aluminized exhaust systems for any State except California. For $100 I could send my old system in and they would have looked at it and see if their warranty would apply, but the way it was written, the woman on the phone and I both thought it wouldn't happen. The system went on easily and sounded ok. It did drone out on the highway, though. Seat of the pants, it felt like it had more low end power. For how much the thing cost, I was really disappointed in how it didn't last. I wouldn't buy another one. The tips are nice stainless, though. Got them on ebay now

Old 03-05-2005 | 09:26 AM
Gibson Super exhaust mine too

Mine broke after 2 years at the same location. *****, never again

Old 03-05-2005 | 05:01 PM
I have the gibson supertruck on my 04 F150.... and I love it. It did rob a *little* of the low end, but the sound is great for me. There's not too much cab drone.

I've recieved nothing but compliments about it. I didnt want a horribly loud exhaust, but i also wanted something that grumbled.

At WOT, the supertruck sounds amazing IMO.... I say go for it. Installation's a cinch.

Old 03-05-2005 | 09:13 PM
|
thanks

hey ....thanks for the input on this,you guys/ladies are big help.
thanks

Old 03-14-2005 | 10:35 PM
I'm also considering a Gibson Super Truck system. Anybody else have problems with it breaking?

Old 03-15-2005 | 12:16 PM
Re: Gibson anyone

Originally posted by pa.pickup
i have 97 4.6.....has anyone tried the gibson super truck system?
I want some noise but not (extrem) and will it harm my low end power. Im doing a rebuild on my 4.6 and Im gonna go with patriot performance stage II heads and cams. someone suggested I use PI heads but Im not sure what they are?not sure yet on an Intake will probly stay with stock one for now.....thanks
talk to mike troyer of troyer performance- go with cams on your head ported nad polished- you'll gain more over the pi heads as well as some more compression-phil

Quick Reply: Gibson anyone