Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Dual Exhaust

where can i get dual straight exhaust for my truck (98 F-150, Regular Cab, Long Bed, 4.6 V8, 4X4) i want to cut off right in front of the muffler and run straight pipes out the back. i want to keep stock manifolds and cats.

Last edited by sturtlittle; 03-11-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:56 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No one makes a kit to do just that. You cna either order pieces to assemble yourself or take your truck to a local shop to have them do the custom work.

Old 03-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Question

so i couldn't chop off muffler, put on a Y-pipe and custom bend the pipes so i would be dual exhaust out the back.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by sturtlittle
so i couldn't chop off muffler, put on a Y-pipe and custom bend the pipes so i would be dual exhaust out the back.
If that is the end result you are after, you would be better off taking your truck to the local muffler shop of your choosing and having them cut the pipes before the Y-pipe and have them run two pipes out the rear (or where ever you prefer them to exit). This would yield two seperate pipes all the way from the heads to the exhaust tips.

If you have it done the way you have described, you would have "2" y-pipes in your exhaust...unneccesarily. The factory Y-pipe is constrictive itself.

I had duals as I have described run on my truck a a few days ago, two seperate pipes with 2 glasspack muffs and I love it. Sounds excellent and the truck runs much better anywhere above 1800 RPM's and is the same as stock performance-wise below 1800.

There is no good reason to go from 2 pipes, into one, back into two if your only goal is to have duals exit your truck. The cost should be no different, if anything it would be cheaper to do 2 seperate pipes, beause it is less labor. the pipe is almost the same, and there would not be the cost of the additional y-pipe.

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust