replacement exaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005 | 08:32 AM
|
replacement exaust ?

When in the purchasing process one salesman told me that replacing the factory exaust will increase fuel mileage as well as improve horse power.
I am not a cam-head, nor a speed freak (no insult intended, alot of my relatives are) but I kind of think there may be some truth to his statement and I would like to know if anyone has actually done this and seen these results?

I would like first hand experience responses, as I too know people who know people that did this or that, but I prefer to see or talk to THAT person themself.

Anyone with thoughts or advise?

Old 03-15-2005 | 08:48 AM
wont really help ur fuel milage.... unless u got other mods to go along with it

Old 03-15-2005 | 09:48 AM
|
what additional modifications would be necessary? Dual exaust help at all?
When I ordered this truck I got the lower gears in the rear for towing purposes as well as limited slip. It has the 5.4 V8 and obviously the 4speed auto trans w/od. I get about 10-11 mph now and it isn't much different when I am towing. How much $ would be required to increase the mileage and would it be worth the investment (I have had this truck since Dec '03 and only have 10k on it now)?

Old 03-15-2005 | 10:06 AM
Improve power???....yes, if properly engineered.
Increase mileage???...don't waste your time and money.
Salesmen will tell you anything. My salesman told me the same thing about exhaust systems, but his "look" threw me off.

Old 03-15-2005 | 01:44 PM
ford pretty much did all they can to get mpg out of a truck basically all that helps is driving slow and in warm whether... sure exhaust and an intake will gain you maybe .5 but for a 600+ price tag it wouldnt be worth it to gain the extra what 5 miles every tank.

Quick Reply: replacement exaust ?