not sure about exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005 | 04:52 PM
|
not sure about exhaust

I have decided to put a jegs performance 5.0L in my 1993 f-150 4.9L. The 4.9L is an awesome engine for pulling but there is no chance for any kind of performance. That's where the 345hp 5.0L comes in. I have figured out everything except the exhaust. I think i'm going to go with dynomax long tube headers and super turbo dual side exhaust but i can't seem to find a y-pipe to connect it all. The guy i have installing the engine doesn't have a pipe bender so i'm not sure how i'm driving the truck anywhere with open headers to get the exhaust put on. If anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appriciate it. Thanks guys! Brent

Old 03-21-2005 | 09:44 PM
you could allways do a mock up ,with the motor in and headers on .run your exhaust under the truck up to where you think the y pipe would come and get out the trusty card board and tape.then take the template to the local bender...having sad that i have a 94 long box that i had thought about puting the 345 5.0 in, do you have the e4od for a tranny and is the engine smog legal? i didnt think it was.did you run into any major set backs or is it a bolt in...

Old 03-21-2005 | 10:40 PM
|
do you have the e4od for a tranny and is the engine smog legal? i didnt think it was.did you run into any major set backs or is it a bolt in...

If the e40d is the 4-speed automatic with overdrive then that is the one I have. As far as I know in Peoria, IL the engine is smog legal. I spoke with the guy that is going to put the engine in and he told me to make sure the tranny would bolt up or if it didn't find one that did, find out what I need to do for motor mounts, get a torque converter, see if the radiator is large enough, and get new ignition because the 5.0L is carburated.

Quick Reply: not sure about exhaust