JBA's installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005 | 06:31 AM
|
JBA's installation

I purchased a pair of used 1679 that I will be installing as soon as possible. I already got the Stage 8 bolts for the headers and collectors, and the gaskets arrived yesterday directly from JBA. Ford is recommending two gaskets per side, so I call JBA and they sold me an alternative of just two per side (and enough to do the job).

By the end of the project I am expecting to run these with Magnaflow cats and still not sure about the catback. My Supertruck corroded to dead a few months ago.

Old 04-28-2005 | 11:22 AM
The ford gaskets are two piece units so you need 4 total (2 per side because they only cover 2 cylinders). My dealer was gonna charge me $25 EACH. $100 just in gaskets, not me. I bought them elsewhere. Normally they are sold in a set of 2 (1 per side) for $25 or $30, from what I've seen anyways.
I had to buy a new EGR tube because mine was rusted right into the OEM manifold. OEM SUCKS! The new tube doesnt' match up with my headers very well so I need to do a little 'tweaking' to get it to fit right.

Old 04-29-2005 | 08:34 AM
|
That's right. For me it was going to be close to $120.00 for the gaskets with a discount. Forget it.

Now I am looking for Duplicolor new ceramic coating hi temp paint that withstands up to 1200ºF. Comes in different colors as stated in their website. I am in a low budget to get them coated.

Quick Reply: JBA's installation