FlowMaster

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005 | 12:42 PM
|
FlowMaster

Which do you guys think is better, the FlowMaster with the delta flow or the standard ol' FlowMaster?

Old 05-26-2005 | 12:57 PM
For what?

Better for what?

A doorstop?
A paperweight?
An anchor?
Ballast?
Landfill?

Oh! An exhaust!

Answer - niether - but my buddies here already know my position on this subject ;-))

Seriously folks...
For sound - either one
For performance - neither one.

Use the Search feature to learn more - Flows gotta be the most bashed exhaust on this board ;-)). Must be a reason for that, you figure???

Sorry Bigtruck - couldn't resist ;-)). That's another cold one I owe ya!

Cheers!

Old 05-26-2005 | 01:05 PM
ha its amazing how they get bashes soe much... personally though i think their alright i have an original 40 series on my truck si/do.... its quiet in the cab and fairly decent on the outisde. the delta flow is almost non exsistant in the cab and quieter on the outside. as power goes i couldnt tell ya. all in one week i out on the exhaust, intake, superchips programmer, and 33"s so i dont kno how much more power it added sorry dont expect anything big from just a muffler tho

Old 05-26-2005 | 02:20 PM
|
I am new to improving performance, mine is all centered around improving pulling power for a camper. Is there one (muffler) that seems to give a better performance gain than the other. I have things in the works for improving the amount of weight pulling power I have (rear end gearing). I installed a standard K&N when I purchased the truck, so now it can breathe a little better, so now onto making it pass gas a little easier. I guess, like I said, I am new to performance. My first ford was a ranger 4 banger, my second a f-150 w/300/I-6, (sweet motor never had any problems). Now I have a 4.6 so I am learning what options I have. Thanks fella's.

Old 05-27-2005 | 06:31 AM
APT
No muffler swap alone will get you more than 5 horsepower. Change the muffler for sound, not performance. OF the two you listed, the Deltaflow is quieter, but has a similar tone.

No one has proven more power fro mtheir exhaust than Magnaflow #15609 for your truck. It's a cat-back system, not a muffler and runs about $350.

Quick Reply: FlowMaster