Just Installed new Magnaflow SI/DO

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005 | 12:06 AM
|
Talking Just Installed new Magnaflow SI/DO

After 6 months of begging to the wife and 1 month of research. Just installed my magnaflow si/do on 2000 5.4 f150

I waited all day for my magna flow to come in untill I step out of the house for a bit and came back home a half hour later and seen the fedex door tag on my door...All the sudden adrenaline rush came to me and I rushed to the fedex station which closes in half hour..picked it up. had my neighbor install it for me. Took us about 3 hours to install...MOst of the time was trying to take the rusted old clamp off and cutting the old pipe with a jigsaw that had a wooden teeth..(we were ghetto) did not have to do any welding..it all came with clamps.

Anyways started up the engine...and this nice beautiful low drone purrrr...Took it out in the country at 10:30pm. It sounded so sweet that I wanted to cry!

I notice when going on the highway it didnt sound loud as I expected to be. Not to loud not to soft..it was perfect. The sound inside the cab was quiet I had to roll down the window just to hear it purr.

I have superchip 1715 comming in tommorow and airforce1 next week. Cant wait!

Old 05-27-2005 | 12:41 AM
I dunno if I'm just getting used to mine or changing my mind, but I'd almost like it to be a little bit louder now that I've had it for a while. I'm thinking of getting Magnaflow cats and replacing the 4 stock ones with one or two high flow models and seeing if that'll help things out some in both performance and loudness (while still keeping the levels where they won't **** me off on the highway).

Old 05-27-2005 | 07:32 AM
|
Well for the magna flow you wont hear a thing on the high way..i was worried that it would be to loud on the highway but nadda thing. I wish they were a bit louder. But as I mention before its perfect Not to loud or not to soft.

Old 05-27-2005 | 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by cklap78
Well for the magna flow you wont hear a thing on the high way..i was worried that it would be to loud on the highway but nadda thing. I wish they were a bit louder. But as I mention before its perfect Not to loud or not to soft.
Eh, I mean, I can tell it's there; but like I said I don't know if I'm just used to the noise it makes now or if I've decided that I would like it to sound just a teensy bit louder and more ballsy.

Mostly it's just the money burning a hole in my pocket, you know.

Quick Reply: Just Installed new Magnaflow SI/DO