imco catback

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005 | 07:56 AM
Hi Noname...

Well, a couple things come to mind. And you asked a good question. I'm by no means an expert, but from what I've read, I give it a shot ;-))

First, the 'Stang 4.6 most likely has different cams and is tuned as a car engine - torque and HP curves for a #3,000 car will be different than a #6,000 truck - that's just to address the platform the motor is used in.

Second, due to the extreme weight difference (and probably gearing), your perception of the effect of mods will not be the same - what HP/torque change is perceptible in a light car will not necessarily be so in a much heavier truck.

Third, the X pipe is a scavenging aid - backpressure is not the defining factor - here's a post to explain it better:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...t=backpressure

(Do some searching to find out more)

Fourth, 'seat-of-the-pants' is the worst way to guage any perfromance mod.

Fifth, most of my references come from Troyer Performance advice and experiences. He tunes both platforms - you may want to give him a call and I'm sure he can elaborate - he knows more about this and related subjects than just about anyone else you'll find. And it's backed up by real-world testing.

cheers!

Old 07-19-2005 | 11:59 AM
|
cool now I want to find a full catback for the imco set up and not have to worry about having to fab some pipes

Old 07-19-2005 | 01:32 PM
Sorry guys, new to the forum. Still trying to figure out what the $%&* "imco" means?

Old 07-19-2005 | 01:40 PM
Hi guys;

Check this out - IMCO's web site:

http://www.imcoweb.com/index2.html

Noname - the web site says: "To view the NEW Direct Fit Mufflers and Prebent Pipes"... so you could possibly assemble a 'catback' from these pieces...

Cheers!

Last edited by MGDfan; 07-19-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-19-2005 | 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by noname05
what kind of a set up o/r x or h pipe or y pipe, and how did it drive afterwards, do you have pics or sound clips

SI/SO 2.25" H Pipe exits right before the rear tire where it originally did on the 97. i should have a better exhaust clip shortly.

Old 07-19-2005 | 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by TheKR
Sorry guys, new to the forum. Still trying to figure out what the $%&* "imco" means?

Welcome! The only thing "small town" about IMCO is its location. Nestled in a corner of the small town of Schulenburg, Texas, one finds IMCO (International Muffler Company), a leader in the aftermarket manufacturing of exhaust products

lol woot!!! texas company im gladd i bought the good shiz~~

Old 07-19-2005 | 02:18 PM
|
Originally Posted by TheKR

imco is an exhaust

Old 07-19-2005 | 02:20 PM
imco started out making mufflers and exhaust for boats then they got into exhaust for vehicles and it has taken off greatly due to their inexpensive and out perform flowmasters and others

Old 07-19-2005 | 02:29 PM
|
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Hi guys;

Check this out - IMCO's web site:

http://www.imcoweb.com/index2.html

Noname - the web site says: "To view the NEW Direct Fit Mufflers and Prebent Pipes"... so you could possibly assemble a 'catback' from these pieces...

Cheers!

cool man you've been a lot of help man thanks I am going to call them now and see what they've got going on, I am a little afraid of pricing cause usually when you go straight to the distributor they charge more than going through some one the likes of a troyer. I post up what they say

Old 07-19-2005 | 02:39 PM
|
no cat backs just mufflers there faxing info now lets see

Old 07-19-2005 | 03:00 PM
Yo noname - your welcome - glad I could help in some way. They did say 'pre-bent' pipes, so you may be able to do most of it from one supplier.

Yo Faster - you gotta come up with a better testimonial for IMCO than 'outperfroms flowmaster'... I have a muffler on my lawnmower that does that and is even cheaper ;-)).

I didn't check - anyone know the internal construction of an IMCO muffler?

Cheers!
Vic

Old 07-20-2005 | 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Yo noname - your welcome - glad I could help in some way. They did say 'pre-bent' pipes, so you may be able to do most of it from one supplier.

Yo Faster - you gotta come up with a better testimonial for IMCO than 'outperfroms flowmaster'... I have a muffler on my lawnmower that does that and is even cheaper ;-)).

I didn't check - anyone know the internal construction of an IMCO muffler?

Cheers!
Vic

its on their website... if u would like to look

dyno graphs would help ya huh?

http://www.grabthepower.com/cars_new...Dyno_Only=true

Old 07-20-2005 | 10:07 AM
Hi Faster - thanks for checking for me... I was being lazy ;-)).

Is this the same IMCO that makes outdrives for boats? Looks like good stuff.

This time of year, it's as hot here as it is in Texas, minus the hurricanes ;-))

Be safe.

Cheers
Vic

Old 07-20-2005 | 11:25 AM
|
all I can say is wow, I keep getting passed around and so far have not gotten any pricing now I have been given a # to a local muffler shop lets see how this goes

Old 07-20-2005 | 11:54 AM
|
ok so I spoke to the looser at the muffler shop and I asked specifics like what exact muffler it was he was using and he told me imco only has 1 type of muffler "imco performance" and the whole setup with d/o 2 1/2'' pipes with 3 1/2'' tips was 275, not bad but I want the extreme not the middle brand and this gypsy dosent seem to know his stuff

Quick Reply: imco catback