Find my sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005 | 12:13 PM
|
Find my sound

Ok, i want something like this.

Not as loud or obnoxious as flow 40 series. but i do want an aggressive sound and i want it to be smooth. not that nasty echo sound like the flows.
I need a SI/DO muffler that will be exiting right in front of the rear tire on the passenger side like this magnaflow:http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/16617_lg.jpg
I do want to be able to hear it, otherwise i would just buy the magnaflow, but they are really quiet.

So anyone got an suggestions, i would rather stay under 300-350 for the muffler, piping, bending and install to get it where i want.

Old 07-22-2005 | 03:19 PM
hey, i have a borla single in dual out muffler on my 97 f150 4.6L. i had it done by a local custom shop, all stainless for 350.00 about a year after i bought the truck new. it has a nice rumble at idle, and sounds really nice runnin' especially to those your driving by. the case cracked around the exit pipes after a few years and i wrote borla, they sent me a new one asap no questions asked. the new one has held up very well.

Old 07-22-2005 | 03:25 PM
my buddy put on a flowmaster origional 40 series muffler single in dual out on his truck and its really quiet. i mean you cannot hear it inside the cab, and when he drives by on the road and i am walking its barely audible. we could not believe how quiet it was to be a 40 series.

Old 07-24-2005 | 03:35 PM
|
Originally Posted by 351FordGuy
my buddy put on a flowmaster origional 40 series muffler single in dual out on his truck and its really quiet. i mean you cannot hear it inside the cab, and when he drives by on the road and i am walking its barely audible. we could not believe how quiet it was to be a 40 series.
QUIET??? ive always heard those things were loud and raspy, like a mustang with rasp. i dont like that, i want my truck to sound like a truck.

Old 07-25-2005 | 02:06 PM
yes, it is VERY quiet on his truck. he was so pissed off after it got put on. It said flowmaster origional 40 series on the box. Maybe the SI/SO are louder, but his SI/DO is quiet. go straight pipes

Quick Reply: Find my sound