my ravin exhaust fell apart!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005 | 03:48 PM
|
my ravin exhaust fell apart!

Just got back from a weekend trip, and all of a sudden, the exhaust became 'noticeably' louder....after looking underneath, the pipes just after the muffler exit, rusted clean off.

it's been 4 1/2 years since I put the setup on, and there's basically nothing left, I don't think I could patch it if I tried. The muffler itself isn't in much better condition..... I can't access Ravin's website anymore, and I can't remember what kind of warranty they provided for they're products.

So, I guess I'm in the market for a new setup, and I'm looking at the magnaflow SI/DO setup from Mike Troyer. my question is where can I look for some nice SS tips? currently I have some squared, rolled edge tips on it, that I like, since they're different than the usual round slash cuts.

any thoughts?

thanks.

Last edited by Buckfu; 07-25-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2005 | 04:17 PM
Truckperformance.com also stylinconcepts.com has some I think good luck! sorry to hear about your muffler just out of curiosity how did your exhaust sound prior to it falling?

Last edited by Blackford; 07-25-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2005 | 04:24 PM
|
Originally Posted by Blackford
Truckperformance.com has some I think good luck! sorry to hear about your muffler just out of curiosity how did your exhaust sound prior to it falling?
I've been happy with the sound of the exhaust, most would think it's mellow, but I had very little if any cabin drone, most noteable around 55-60mph, and if I stepped on it, she woke up pretty nicely...

I'd try to keep it, but the exit end of the muffler tends to just crumble in my hands, so I dont think there's anything to weld to if I tried.

thanks for the URL, I'll check em out

Old 07-25-2005 | 04:38 PM
No problem Good Luck!!!!!

Old 07-26-2005 | 09:56 AM
Ravin went out of business from what I heard. 4 and a half years isn't too bad for a Midas muffler. Go for the Magnaflow 15749 for dual out.

Quick Reply: my ravin exhaust fell apart!