Cherry Bomb question

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005 | 04:08 PM
|
Cherry Bomb question

The last couple of times I have been crawling under my F-150, I have taken in what all is down there. Prior owner had the exhaust after the cats removed and a Cherry bomb muffler put on with a Y pipe following it into duals out the rear end. Makes for a nice low dull growl...not really that loud at all.

Now, I have seen these cherry bombs for sale in automotive stores and they come in various lengths. Is there any difference in the various lengths...or are they just built that way for application?

Second question....I have noticed that the low end start on my new truck compared to my old F-150 (both 5.4....1st one was stock) is a slightly more hesitant.....could this be a cause of the more "flow thru" of the cherry bomb?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Old 08-11-2005 | 06:40 PM
Too much backpressure kills low end as well as too little. True flow through designs like the Magnaflow build torque at all RPMs because of a lack of backpressure. The Cherrybomb is choking your truck. I'd go for a performance muffler of some kind. It will allow you to keep the duals if you go with SI/DO.

Old 08-22-2005 | 01:50 AM
The longer the cherry bomb the more mellow the sound.

Old 08-24-2005 | 03:00 PM
I my state loud exhaust gets you a ticket, and what sounds good to you my not sound good to others pick a muffler that builds power and gas mileage, not one that create a different kind of air pollution

Quick Reply: Cherry Bomb question