electronic cut out

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005 | 04:54 PM
|
electronic cut out

hey guys, i have a question, does anybody know any information on these things. apparently you just cut a section out before the cat and put this y pipe in there which has an electronic door on it, flip the switch and you have exhaust straight from the headers flip it again and it closes the door and you are back to stock exhaust. anyway, anybody know any information, where to buy, what is a good price, how loud they are etc... thanks

Old 08-11-2005 | 05:20 PM
I'm sure it's something like what my buddies use on their boat exhaust, a captains choice type of setup. That either pushes the exhaust thru the lower unit, or straight out the sides or rear. That is LOUD. Where to find it?? No clue for a truck.

Old 08-11-2005 | 05:28 PM
try summit racing look up exaust cut outs they got a lot there

Last edited by SKRWZ; 08-11-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-12-2005 | 08:14 AM
Hi guys! I was thinking of doing this on my truck too. Summit Racing only has the cable actuated cut outs. I saw an article in Sport Truck magazine where they installed an electrically actuated one. It was the August 2005 issue. The manufacturer is Quick Time Performance (www.quicktimeperformance.com). I checked them out and the unit costs around $175. It's the electrically actuated item with all hardware. There is some fabrication required and the secondary exhaust dump needs to be directed downward so you don't get fumes in your cab, but it should sound pretty cool - especially with headers!!

Last edited by OldFordV8; 08-12-2005 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Additional information

Quick Reply: electronic cut out