Side or Rear exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005 | 08:30 AM
ski
|
Side or Rear exhaust

Hi all was thinking of putting on a new exhaust on my supercrew. I was wondering if there is any difference in a side or rear exhaust system. I was thinking of a dynomax. I heard they are like a magnaflow, is this true or is the muffler dealer just trying to sell me something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-12-2005 | 11:29 AM
i emailed borla with the question re performance of the split rear vs the side exhaust and they emailed back and said its only appearance. performance is unaffected

Old 08-12-2005 | 12:11 PM
Ski, have you looked at the Dynomax website? I was just on it and they have a pretty exhaustive (pun intended) background in truck racing and various other motorsports. Prior to reading your question on here, the only item I had heard about from them was a Dynomax catalytic converter from Summit Racing (about twice the cost of a Magnaflow unit but half the size!). I am currently looking to put a new exhaust on my '95 F150 from headers to tailpipe. Reading the Dynomax info, I'm now going to have to consider them as an option based on the info on their site. Check it out and decide for yourself. Good luck!

My research on this and other forums is that most prefer JBA headers over the competition and Magnaflow over the others. Dynomax seems to have some competitive items with nice features that JBA & Mag don't. I haven't contacted any parts stores for pricing, so that may be a factor. That's not to say JBA & Mag don't have their advantages, too. Just that it definitely deserves a closer look - at least from my perspective.

Old 08-13-2005 | 08:33 AM
ski
|
Around here in wv they quoted me a dynomax from the cat back 250 installed thats a single into duals. Is this a decent price or could I get cheaper.

Quick Reply: Side or Rear exhaust